Job Title: Product Designer
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The Glasdon Group is a market leader in the design, marketing and supply of environmental and safety products including street furniture, recycling products, road safety equipment, winter safety products, water safety products, cycle shelters and modular buildings
About the role:
Are you looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding long-term career opportunity?
Do you have what it takes to succeed as an innovative and creative Product Designer?
Our success at designing innovative new products is attributable to our commitment to excellent Research, Development and Product Design. To ensure ongoing portfolio expansion, we are looking for an innovative and professional Product Designer to help develop the next generation of bestselling products
If you have a genuine desire to succeed and wish to join a progressive company, with excellent opportunities and benefits then look no further!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop your ideas from concept to production
- Sketch ideas and develop concepts
- Create models and prototypes
- Conduct market research, visit clients, and gather feedback
- Use all manufacturing processes
- View and review tooling trials with potential for overseas travel
- Quality test new products
- Work individually and as part of a wider team to establish your products across the globe
- Have a design related degree (minimum 2.1 classification)
- Ideally 3-5 years' work experience
- Creative, innovative, and forward thinking
- Proficiency with CAD software (Solidworks)
- Technically minded
- Product Design or Industrial Design experience
- Practical, with the ability to create models and prototypes
- Be organised, self-motivated, pro-active and the ability to multi-task
- An effective team worker
- Valid UK Driving Licence (Essential)
- A competitive commencing salary
- 33 days annual leave
- Flexible annual leave
- Comprehensive training programmes
- Company Final Salary Pension scheme after a minimum of two years' service
- Life insurance after a minimum of two years' service
- Pension through NEST within 3 months of start date
- Cycle to Work Scheme (subject to minimum criteria)
- Flexitime / Hybrid Working (subject to minimum criteria)
- Long Service Awards
- Private health care scheme after a minimum of one years' service
- Cashback plan for dental care, eyecare, prescriptions, physiotherapy and more
- Subsidised on-site Café / social space
- Team building
- Paid charity days and company events
- Relocation Support
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Product Design, CAD, Solidworks, Drawing, Sketching, Concepts, Engineering, Production, Software, Organisation, 3D Printing, FDM, Research and Development (R&D), Innovation, Creative Thinking, Manufacturing, Model Making, Product Development, Environmental Products, Recycling, Safety, Workshop Tools, Prototyping, Testing, Fabrications, Injection Moulding, Rotational Moulding, Casting, Tooling, Pressing, Processes and Project Management may also be considered for this role.
The Glasdon Group Limited is an equal opportunities employer.