Black+Blum design unique lifestyle and homewares products to help people live more sustainably. Our range includes high-quality lunch boxes, water bottles, and thermoses; for the home, the office, and the trail. Proud 1% for the Planet members, everything is built to last using premium materials, and every detail is considered for lifelong and everyday use and reuse. We are small passionate team of friendly, eco-conscious foodies, based in the vibrant streets between Southwark and Borough.
This role is for an in-house Graphic Designer to join our Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing Manager. As a small business, the roles and responsibilities will be very broad and diverse, ranging from digital to print, photo/video editing and administrational. You need to be ready and willing to dive in head first, there is no task too big or small. We’re at a very exciting stage of growth for the brand, so this is your opportunity to get involved and help us shape it.
- Take initial design direction and develop these, with the support of the Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing Manager, across a large array of design collateral in both traditional media, digital and video.
- Follow instructions and implement changes accordingly
- Creating layouts to existing design and brand standards
- Meet and/or communicate with team members to discuss requirements of job
- Assist in the brainstorming to produce new ideas and concepts and support the development of designs for print and digital media
- Adhere to consistent industry standard design and production processes, while also identifying opportunities for improvement
Types of output:
The role could include anything required from a graphic design perspective, including but not limited to:
- Photo (necessary) + Video (added bonus) Editing
- Sales brochures and presentations
- Packaging and Co Brand Visuals
- Digital Assets including website, email
- Social Media content including images, video content
- Print assets including banners, flyers, inserts
Who you are:
- Passionate about all things sustainability and the environment
- Creative: we want to hear your ideas and would love to get you involved
- Have a good understanding of layout principles, colour, and how to set up files for print and digital output
- Able to take direction and happy to receive feedback
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time – able to prioritise and manage your own time
- It is incredibly important that you are an organised person, this role will require a fair amount of administrational work
- Energetic and enthusiastic to get stuck into all areas of the business (including team outings and office banter)
Who you are (technically)
- Degree or equivalent in graphic design
- Previous working experience (2-3 years minimum)
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop (priority), inDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro (bonus)
- Interested in social media
- (Bonus) Good experience with print, colour retouching and digital artwork production
The role is full-time, based in our office in Southwark 3 days a week, with option to work 2 days from home.
- Initial Interview with Senior Graphic Design & Founder of Black+Blum
- If successful, you will be required to do a task.