Job Title: Joiner / Furniture Designer
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent. 40 hours per week
Painted LTD, a premier Professional Spray-Painting Company, has earned a distinguished reputation for serving both businesses and individuals with unparalleled expertise. We are excited to announce our newest service offering - Painted Bespoke Joinery. Based in the UK, we take pride in upholding the esteemed standards of British craftsmanship, blending the timeless essence of tradition with the convenience and sophistication of modern design principles. At Painted Bespoke Joinery, we firmly believe in the transformative power of bespoke solutions, aiming to enhance spaces and lives for every client we serve.
About the role:
As a Bespoke Furniture Designer, you will play a pivotal role within our Design Department, working under the direct supervision of the Head of Design. This position offers a unique opportunity to embark on a journey into the essence of bespoke design, where your creativity and expertise will be instrumental in bringing clients' dreams to life. You will be responsible for spearheading projects from conception to completion, crafting exceptional furniture pieces that reflect our high standards of craftsmanship and aesthetics, while encapsulating the unique desires of our discerning clientele.
- Drive entire bespoke furniture projects, overseeing them from inception to completion
- Implementing project timelines, ensuring they are adhered to and updating relevant parties (managers, teams, clients) where necessary
- Harness design skills to conceptualize and realize custom furniture solutions for a range of clients
- Ensure all designs are practical, meet client specifications and exude luxury
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure designs are manufacturable
- Adapt and refine concepts to maintain client satisfaction and design integrity
- Carry out detailed communication with suppliers, team members, and stakeholders
- Perform site surveys and utilize CAD/CAM software to create precise manufacturing specs
- Engage in continuous learning about the latest trends and techniques in furniture design
- Minimum of 5 years experience in bespoke furniture or cabinetry design
- A degree in Interior Design, Furniture Design or similar
- Proficient in 3D CAD software; knowledge of CAM is a bonus
- Knowledge of SmartWOP on Homag Machinery is preferred although, training will be provided
- 3 years minimum experience with Adobe suite, Microsoft Office and similar software for client-facing documents.
- Ability to work on projects both alone and with the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High customer service skills ensuring client satisfaction from start to finish
- Organisation, flexibility (weekend work is required) and time management are crucial along with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Hunger and drive to produce the best work possible!
- UK work authorisation
- 20 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Company pension
- Flexible working available
- Learning opportunities / growth opportunities
- Room for promotion and career progression
- Friendly, happy and inclusive environment
If you're interested in joining our passionate, hard-working team apply today!
Painted LTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Project Manager, Joinery Project Manager, Designer, Workshop Manager, Multi Trade, Carpenter, Joiner, Trades, Woodcutter Joiner, Finishing Joiner, Carpentry, Woodwork, Joinery Lead, Bench Joiner, Kitchen Fitters, Carpentry Trades, Carpentry, Woodwork, Shop Fitters, Joiner Trades, Joiner Tradesperson, 2D CAD, CAD Operator, CAD Designer, CAD Design, Design Engineer, CAD Engineer, Technical Coordinator, Technical Designer, Interior Designer may also be considered for this role.