Hay House is the UK’s leading publisher of non-fiction books, digital products and online courses in the personal development, holistic health and spirituality space. We’re looking for an experienced Designer to join our busy art department to work on a range of exciting and innovative books and gift products.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Associate Director of Design to ensure all product deadlines are met andwork is completed to a high standard. They will have the opportunity to lead their own design briefs, taking projects from concept tocompletion and managing multiple work streams effectively. They will also have solid experience of working cross-functionally witheditorial, sales and production teams, and thrive on teamwork as well as being able to work on their own initiative.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working on a variety of projects, from book cover design, to designing book interiors, to sourcing artists for illustrative products, in an organisation that promotes personal and professional growth and development.
- Min of 3 years in-house experience as a designer, preferably in a publishing environment
- You possess a portfolio that demonstrates excellent typographic and layout skills, with a predominantly print output
- Strong communication skills and an excellent eye for detail
- Familiar with prepress and preparing artwork for print
- Ability to take on board constructive feedback and work through creative challenges to deliver a positive outcome
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- A Graphic Design degree or equivalent design qualification
- A positive and can-do attitude
- Experience of sourcing and managing illustrators would be advantageous
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your CV and examples of relevant work (PDFs no bigger than 5MB), salary expectations and availability.
Hay House employs people on the basis of their abilities and we welcome applications from any individual, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age.
Hay House reserves the right to withdraw this ad before the deadline should the position be filled.