Senior Graphic Designer
We are working with an ambitious design studio of 70 people in total and a brand team consisting of 25 people. They work with some of the most established global brands and clients.
They’ve got a great creative team who look after each other and take pride in cultivating unique and exciting ideas. Every creative comes from a different background and skillset, this is what gives that extra dimension and ability to create an exciting, strategic and crafted design. They pride themselves on creating an open-minded environment where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to collaborate with different teams and designers on a week-to-week basis.
They run a hybrid working model, combining the best of coming together with supporting remote working. The studio is based in beautiful Battersea.
The range of our work is broad - from FMCG to travel, from drinks to beauty, so there are unlimited opportunities to learn and develop across our stellar brand portfolio. As a senior designer you will be involved in projects from concept all the way through to implementation, all while mentoring more junior members of the team. The agency has excellent supportive culture and are happy to help their designers grow and take on more responsibility at their own pace. If you wanted to, you could get involved in client-facing pitching and presentations, however, that’s not a requirement.
We are looking for a talented creative who can think strategically, craft unique ideas and be great at storytelling through design. Branding experience is essential, with the enthusiasm to show how ideas relate back to the brief and how the idea can be flexed across multiple touchpoints.
We are looking for a portfolio demonstrating plenty of examples of brand-focused design. This can
include brand design and/or packaging in FMCG and drinks design. We won’t have preconceived ideas about you or where you’ve worked before. What we care about is people who show up with great energy and who have a deep interest in brand and design. We’re interested in people with a passion to succeed, a willingness to learn and a belief in a kind and positive culture.
- Show strong brand understanding and ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of consumers and a great ability to learn.
- Consistently produce ideas that meet/push the brief, be able to judge the strength of those ideas and present internally with a recommendation
- Amplify ideas and assets across multiple touchpoints, pushing beyond the brief.
- Be able to position ideas along a spectrum and have an opinion on how a presentation should be put together and the journey we want to take our client on.
- Be confident in presenting your ideas
- Ability to work with a variety of clients and to flex between different categories and clients.
- Able to select, brief and direct photography, illustration, typography, and visualising.
- Demonstrate strong crafting skills, understand (and take responsibility for teaching others) hierarchy and balancing elements in design and attention to detail.
- Capable of working independently as well as supporting and guiding the more junior studio members on projects.
- Work well with the other Senior Creatives within the team. (Illustration, Creative Visualising & Design)
- Start to develop mentoring and line management skills, work with the Creative Director to deliver career conversations and support those more junior in their career progression.
- Show a strong understanding of the whole process of a project and appreciate the role of production with a strong understanding of print.
If you’d like to learn more, we’d love to talk.
Please send your portfolio and CV to email@example.com and we will do the rest.