We have a bespoke installations agency looking for a senior designer/lead designer and they want YOU! You will be a graphic designer able to translate 2D design into a 3D space. You will be use to working with environments and have a keen passion for art!
From concept through to completion, working closely with the wider Design Team, Production Team and fabrication partners. This role requires a conceptual thinker that can conﬁdently articulate their ideas and bring them to life in a diverse range of spaces. As a Lead you would be leading various project teams as well as providing management and guidance to more junior team members. Previous experience in environmental graphic design is crucial and we’d love to see examples of these projects and your creative process in your portfolio.
Their Creative Process as a senior designer/lead designer:
Phase 1: Discover - Understanding the brief, the client and the space. Researching themes and narratives to inspire the designs.
Phase 2: Design - Creating concepts derived from the chosen theme for the space. We call these idea cards, they are loose, sketchy and conceptual. The chosen ideas are then reﬁned further.
Phase 3: Develop - Developing the chosen ideas, considering materiality and creating fully formed designs ready to be artworked, fabricated and installed.
Phase 4: Detail (Production Team) Phase 5: Deliver (PM Team)
A typical week for a senior designer /lead designer might include:
● Kicking the week off with a team-wide creative challenge
● Heading to site to get a feel for a space and meet a new client senior designer/lead designer
● Working into the Creative Director on 2-3 projects across the week, ranging from one off reception pieces through to leading a team on large schemes with multiple artworks senior designer/lead designer
● Being highly conceptual in formulating ideas for artworks
● Thinking holistically and strategically about schemes that you are working on, ensuring quality of output and overall continuity across the pieces senior designer/lead designer
● Reviewing and developing yours and your project team’s ideas with our Creative Director
● Presenting your ideas to a number of different clients and key stakeholders, leading all client conversations and ensuring all feedback is captured
● Researching themes, sketching conceptual idea cards and ﬁnalising your designs ready to hand over to the Production Team
● Taking time out for Creative Cuisine – we give our team half a day each month to spend going to galleries or following their creative pursuits to stay inspired
● Providing performance management to more junior team members