Animator/Illustrator (2D & 3D) Are you an animation whiz looking for a permanent role within an innovative, collaborative, and rapidly expanding animation studio?
My client is on the hunt for a mid-level Animator Generalist with experience in 2D and 3D to join their team in the new year, based in either their Eton or Dundee offices with the opportunity of hybrid working ( 2 days in office, 3 from home).
You must be able to Illustrate from scratch (2D and 3D), Characters/infographics etc .. and then compose the Animation, edit video .
Working from a brief, you’ll provide creative input and artistic insight to produce best-in-class 2D/3D asset creation and animation.
Aside from being an expert shot with a nerf gun, you’ll have excellent illustration and animation skills, and an impressive online portfolio of work to back this up.
As their Animator, you should have:
- Preferably 3+ years experience in the animation industry, allowing you to take full ownership of projects from start to finish when required.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work closely with other team members, and make suggestions and decisions on new techniques and approaches to animation as benefit the project as their Animator.
- Proactivity, creativity, and commitment as their Animator.
- While they work in an agile environment where everyone proactively helps each other, we also expect you to be able to be independent enough to see through each project and task you’ll be assigned.
Required skills as their Animator:
- Ability to take briefs from the team or directly from their lovely clients as their Animator
- Developing fully-fledged animations from simple briefs or concepts
- Understanding the 12 principles of animation
- Providing creative solutions to clearly illustrate complex ideas or concepts
- Creating storyboards that depict the script and narrative as their Animator
- Graphic asset creation in 2D/3D, including characters, backgrounds, text-based graphics, product illustrations, and Infographic elements
- A keen eye for design and the physics of movement as their Animator
- Expertise in using Adobe After Effects and Maya or Blender to a high standard
- Experience with image creation and editing in Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Additional knowledge of typography, layout, or graphic design would be a plus as their Animator
- Working with audio and SFX, and compositing the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters and motion graphics) in order to produce the finished piece
- Editing, reviewing, rendering and uploading video files
- Working to production deadlines and meeting clients' commercial requirements as their Animator
- Working as part of a broader production team, which might include collaborating with copywriters, photographers, designers, voice over artists, account executives, or website designers