Junior Digital Designer
My client are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Junior Designer, who has a passion for helping brands thrive and develop (particularly in the digital space). They are based in Cranleigh, Surrey (part remote)!
This key role involves working alongside their senior designers, helping to develop high impact creative ideas and concepts that meet client objectives and connect with their audiences.
In addition to assisting with large scale design projects, you will also assist in the creation and design of tenders and presentations. The ideal junior designer will be a versatile designer who is an excellent visual communicator and a team player who is happy working across multiple projects to meet strict deadlines, while maintaining a keen eye for detail.
Duties as their Junior Designer:
The main duties for this junior designer role will be as follows:
- Understanding a creative brief and developing creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet their objectives.
- Designing clear and engaging on and offline communication materials, including brand identities and guidelines, traditional literature, responsive websites and mobile apps and social media graphics.
- Presenting high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the customer for review / iteration / approval.
- Designing digital prototypes to test ideas and identify shortcomings.
- Responsive design for web/mobile/software.
- Idea generation and conceptualisation.
- Presenting documentation to internal teams and clients.
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and clients in formed about) current and emerging design trends
- Collaborating with digital designers and developers to ensure a great user experience from design to implementation
Skills as their Junior Designer:
- Understanding of User Interface design and the digital design process.
- Fluent with Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Excellent written, oral and diagrammatic communication skills.
- Experience in Figma would be an advantage.
Experience as their junior designer:
- 1-2 years agency experience of graphic design for consumers and enterprise – and a portfolio to prove it
- Fluent in responsive design for web/mobile/applications
- Experienced working across most production processes. Exceptional knowledge across print, publishing, packaging, digital and exhibition formats
- Must absolutely be in sync with recent design standards and trends
- Knowledge and understanding of web and mobile interactions and what is possible vs. limitations
An understanding of user experience and information architecture
- Fully conversant Mac and Mobile Device user
- Multi-tasking / Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Hard working and flexible
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about all things web and mobile
- ‘Roll-up-your-sleeves’ attitude to get things done
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently
- An enthusiastic team player who likes to be constantly challenged
- Strong communication and organizational skills are critical to success among this company of talented individuals
- Excellent problem solving skills