My client are looking for a brand planner who’s looking for something. Someone who’s not quite content with where they are and what they’ve got. Someone who spends their time dreaming, making, doing, building, creating. Someone with the intelligence to think, challenge, and push things into unexpected places, without pushing people into unpleasant places. Someone who doesn’t believe rules are absolute or good enough is good enough. They’re looking for someone special. Maybe that someone is you?
My client is a health communications agency that helps people, brands and businesses think further.
As their Brand Planner you will be expected to be the lead planner on one or more accounts. You will be expected to work well across the planning team across a range of accounts. You will be confident in interacting with senior clients with credibility and be looking to build relationships with the client teams to be an essential part of their business.
Job Responsibilities and Criteria as their Brand Planner:
- Capability in the basics of planning – fundamental planning techniques, types of strategy, basics of insight and tactical planning
- Can build marketing, brand and creative strategies
- Identifies the client business problem and looks for strategic answers to issues as their Brand Planner
- Understands how brands grow, and the different strategies and tactics used to drive growth
- Understands how brands are positioned, built and stewarded over time as their Brand Planner
- Understands equity management
- Working knowledge of brand positioning methodologies
- Comfortable in interpreting client brand plans and understands how to translate these in to action plans
- Develops comprehensive creative strategies, based on client needs as their Brand Planner
- Produces compelling and inspiring insights and briefs, keeps the creative process on brief and takes the client stakeholders along the briefing and creative journey
- You’ll understand how to give strategic feedback to the creative team, ensuring the voice of the customer is at the heart of the work as their Brand Planner
- You’ll be determined to build, support and defend the best possible creative product through solid strategic argument
- Manages the creative validation and concept testing process as their Brand Planner
- You will work well with scientific strategists, leveraging their insight and deep scientific understanding to build superior evidence-based strategy
Essential Skills as their Brand Planner:
- You will be naturally curious, keen to learn and a positive support for the planning team
- You will be confident to challenge ideas, bringing new perspectives to every problem and brief as their Brand Planner
- You must have a highly disciplined thinking process, be comfortable working both in structure and process and in the grey areas and uncertainty as their Brand Planner
- You must be able to articulate how or why creative is on or off strategy and create a compelling argument for selling ideas as their Brand Planner
- You must have an intuitively strategic mind, specifically: high EQ and be able to walk in the shoes of both clients and customers; comfortable with data; have an open and curious mind; be able to link ideas and see patterns where others cannot