Middleweight Residential Designer
A small-scale London-based interior design studio known for executing crafted interiors for private residential projects both in the UK and internationally is seeking a middleweight designer to join their growing team. The successful candidate will work alongside the directors on various projects, assisting from concept design through to completion.
This opportunity would suit a designer who is looking to develop their career and is ready to hit the ground running and immerse themselves in all aspects of the projects and design studio.
- Under the guidance of senior designers, develop concepts and presentations in response to the client's brief
- Develop interior drawing packages and specifications to a high-level of detail including floor plans, elevations, sections, furniture, and joinery details
- Source and produce detailed specifications, presentations, and design schedules for FF&E items
- Liaise and coordinate with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Attend site meetings through to delivery, installation and styling
- Responsible for project deadlines with senior supervision
Skills & Experience:
- Hold the right to work in the UK
- BA in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Proven project experience within high-end residential design
- Strong concept development, producing fresh ideas through mood boards, visuals, or hand drawings
- Strong technical and detailing skills for interior architecture, joinery, and general layouts
- Strong design-eye and passion for furniture, finishes, lighting, and objects
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, In Design and Keynote
- Ability to work to one's own initiative and manage timelines
- Proactive, confident, and well-organised, overall, a great team player
Apply with your CV and pdf portfolio for the opportunity to be a part of this dynamic team. They deliver and tailor projects to the highest of standards. They do not have a ‘house style’ but are innovative and thoroughly considered.