Lead Designer - Hospitality/Hotels
An exceptional opportunity for a senior / associate designer to join a notable hospitality studio in London and become and integral part of the team, leading the front end design of their regional and international projects.
- To lead project responsibilities from stages 1 to 5 - concept, detailed concept, detailed design package, site and installation.
- Work closely with the interior designers providing general support, effective design management processes and implementation initiatives.
- Create design project schedule and timeline.
- Ensure that the integrity of the agreed design solutions are maintained by taking responsibility for the development of the design and the project.
- Ensure project deliverables are in accordance with the design development timetable and interior design budget and report to design director on a weekly basis.
- Prepare preliminary FF&E budgets.
- Undertake an ongoing review of subsequent stages with the input from the design director for key project stages.
- Attend weekly reviews with the purchasing agent to monitor progress to report to the design director.
- Liaise with design director with regards to management and performance of designers.
- Manage team workflow and efficiency.
- Act as a mentor and help manage the career development of the design team.
- Review, approve and monitor project hours of design team on a weekly basis.
- Help maintain a happy and positive work environment by organising regular social events.
Skills and Experience
- Similar sector experience; hotels, hospitality, commercial residential within the luxury market.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of designers.
- Experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to adhere to project timelines.
- Able to deliver a project on site.
- Demonstrate a strong design flair and great knowledge of FF&E.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite.
- Must have a BA Interior Design, BA Interior Architecture, B.Architecture, or M.Architecture.