Middleweight Interior Designer - Hotels
A leading design practice in London, known for their forward-thinking hospitality projects is looking for a midweight interior designer to join the team. You will be making impactful contributions to the studio and be involved in projects abroad as well as the UK.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a studio that gives you design ownership and promotes career development opportunities.
- Under the guidance of the project leads, assist in developing original and creative design concepts.
- Project resourcing, producing material and mood boards and other related documents to the design.
- Ability to produce full drawing sets for constructions, joinery, lighting, and general layouts.
- Annotate and review drawings.
- Source and manage the administration and coordination of FF&E.
- Clearly communicate the build process and talk through details with contractors or suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with building regulations and requirements.
- Ability to follow direction, manage time efficiently and work independently.
- Manage and mentor junior designers and interns.
Skills and Experience
- Must have a BA Interior Design, BA Interior Architecture, or related field.
- Proven experience working within the hospitality sector; experience working on four or five-star hotel projects would be a bonus.
- Experience in putting together drawing packages.
- Meticulous when it comes to detailed design.
- A good eye for presentation layout.
- Knowledge of architectural FF&E, lighting, materials and sanitary ware.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and deliver within the time constraints.
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English. Fluency in Portuguese would be a bonus.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe CS.
- You must have the right to work in the UK
If you're an experienced hospitality designer keen to work alongside some of the best in the industry, please get in touch with your CV and project portfolio.