We are offering the opportunity to work with an exciting, well established bespoke lighting business based in Chessington, Surrey. Our client is in the process of expanding its operations and are looking to invest in a new project designer to assist with the expansion. The Client are well established and work across residential, retail and commercial projects among others and are looking for someone who is creative, highly organised and has good communication and design skills.
- Help develop new decorative lighting concepts. You are expected to assist in all design matters from tender/concept stage through to drawing approval.
- Liaise with staff internally to provide design and commercial assistance on new and existing enquiries.
- Attend both internal and external design meetings to provide advice on design, construction and manufacturing of product requirements.
- Trend research and initial market research and concept generation.
- Help create supporting product documents such as assembly instructions and supporting website information.
- Reviewing supplier drawings and technical information.
- Help creating supporting work for products such as packaging ideas, organise product testing, organise samples etc.
- Inspection of parts and products on site, then cataloguing, reviewing and communicating issues and developments back to suppliers.
- General assistance in the office and factory as required.
- Highly organised - being able to manage multiple on-going tasks and being able to prioritise effectively.
- Creative and self motivated with a passion for design.
- Excellent product design skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Personable and professional whilst being able to build relationships with suppliers, clients and colleagues alike.
- Experience of decorative household items would be useful, with ideally a background in manufacturing, particularly in the bespoke business.
- Ability to communicate technical and product knowledge strongly and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate ideas with suppliers and build professional working relationships
- Collaborative – pro-active and effective communicator with both colleagues and clients alike
- Strong presentation skills
- Logical thinker and problem solver
- Excellent Design IT Skills – AutoCAD a must, experience in Solidworks & Rhino useful. Rendering skills a must, and use of Photoshop would be useful
- Good General IT Skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Self -Motivated – able to work without close supervision
- Out-of-the-box Thinker – Able to adapt to challenges and provide effective and innovative solutions