Middleweight Interior Designer
This interior design studio shares a love of modernity and organic forms with a respect for history and architecture. Quality and value are at the forefront of all of their projects.
The successful candidate will have worked within the luxury interiors sector contributing to concept development, technical documentation and FF&E. They will have an eagerness to learn and not be afraid to voice their ideas.
Experience within the luxury sector will be highly valued, along with a playful and understated style.
- Concept development; idea generation though research, imagery and sketching.
- Produce space planning, interior elevations and RCPs.
- Produce detailed design documentation for tender and construction including joinery details.
- Produce 3D models within SketchUp.
- Render 2D & 3D drawings and visuals.
- Source FF&E and prepare relevant presentations and full packages; material boards, scheduling.
- Prepare professional, graphically laid-out client presentation packages.
- Project coordination, liaising with external parties; suppliers, contractors, consultants.
- Visiting suppliers for quality assurance of bespoke pieces.
- Attend and conduct site meetings to oversee the construction process.
Skills and Experience
- BA in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- Must have the right to work in the UK.
- Must have proven experience in the luxury sector with a substantial tenure at studios.
- Have a modern design outlook, with a fun and creative design style – luxurious eclectic.
- Have a keen eye for details and a thorough way of working; diligent and organised.
- Must be technically minded and understand the built process in particular construction and joinery details.
- Strong communication skills in English at a professional level; both written and verbal.
- Ability to think on your feet and be commercially minded.
- Good knowledge of procuring hard finishes, fixtures and FF&E (especially vintage and antique finds).
- Software: AutoCAD (or ability to learn it quickly), SketchUp and Photoshop.
Apply with your CV and portfolio to work at a studio that treats each team member like a part of the family. They offer flexible working arrangements with two days in studio and three from home.