Middleweight to Senior FF&E Designer
An international, collaborative and culturally-engaged design studio is looking for an experienced middleweight to senior interior designer for their Madrid studio.The studio specialises in 5-star luxury hospitality projects from boutique hotels to large scale resorts. They offer a competitive 6-month contract with view to extending this contract or making a permanent offer following the probationary period.
The successful candidate will be able to work from concept stage through all phases of the design process, with an emphasis on FF&E for commercial interiors. You should be able to communicate fluently in both Spanish and English. This role would suit someone who is a native Spanish speaker and is currently based in Madrid,Spain and has the right to work in the EU.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced designer looking to grow their portfolio within the luxury sector. You will be joining a collaborative global team that value material and spatial quality, detail, and the integrity of the designed outcome.
- Create FF&E design in collaboration with the project design team
- Pull together luxury furniture and material schemes that are in compliance with regulations for commercial interiors and within a given budget
- Design research for furniture, lighting, accessories, textiles, finishes and sanitaryware
- Produce 2D drawings for general arrangements and design intent
- Review drawings for quality assurance with external manufacturers
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Carry out administrative aspect such as creating schedules, budgets, quotes and invoices with suppliers
- Organise logistics to site and supplier check-ins to project installations and styling
Skills & Experience:
- Hold BA in Interior Design / Interior Architecture
- Have the right to work in the EU
- Currently based in Madrid or can relocate within 4 weeks
- Prior experience working on high-end hospitality projects or other large scale projects is essential
- Solid product knowledge and understanding of FF&E trends and luxury suppliers
- Immaculate presentation skills
- Ability to draw and model in AutoCAD and SketchUp
- An understanding in Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English, both verbal and written
- Possess a strong design eye for colour schemes, proportions and an understanding of functionality
- Confident, organised, attentive to details, proactive and always eager to learn more
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-class studio, delivering award-winning interiors that are completed to the highest of standards.
Apply with an English version of your CV and portfolio in pdf format for the global team to review.