Middleweight to Senior FF&E Designer
4 days left
- Job Functions
An international, collaborative and culturally-engaged design studio is looking for an experienced middleweight to senior interior designer for their Madrid studio.The studio specialises in 5-star luxury hospitality projects from boutique hotels to large scale resorts. They offer a competitive 6-month contract with view to extending this contract or making a permanent offer following the probationary period.
The successful candidate will be able to work from concept stage through all phases of the design process, with an emphasis on FF&E for commercial interiors. You should be able to communicate fluently in both Spanish and English. This role would suit someone who is a native Spanish speaker and is currently based in Madrid,Spain and has the right to work in the EU.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced designer looking to grow their portfolio within the luxury sector. You will be joining a collaborative global team that value material and spatial quality, detail, and the integrity of the designed outcome.
- Create FF&E design in collaboration with the project design team
- Pull together luxury furniture and material schemes that are in compliance with regulations for commercial interiors and within a given budget
- Design research for furniture, lighting, accessories, textiles, finishes and sanitaryware
- Produce 2D drawings for general arrangements and design intent
- Review drawings for quality assurance with external manufacturers
- Build and manage relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Carry out administrative aspect such as creating schedules, budgets, quotes and invoices with suppliers
- Organise logistics to site and supplier check-ins to project installations and styling
Skills & Experience:
- Hold BA in Interior Design / Interior Architecture
- Have the right to work in the EU
- Currently based in Madrid or can relocate within 4 weeks
- Prior experience working on high-end hospitality projects or other large scale projects is essential
- Solid product knowledge and understanding of FF&E trends and luxury suppliers
- Immaculate presentation skills
- Ability to draw and model in AutoCAD and SketchUp
- An understanding in Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English, both verbal and written
- Possess a strong design eye for colour schemes, proportions and an understanding of functionality
- Confident, organised, attentive to details, proactive and always eager to learn more
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-class studio, delivering award-winning interiors that are completed to the highest of standards.
Apply with an English version of your CV and portfolio in pdf format for the global team to review.
Apply for Middleweight to Senior FF&E Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly