Senior 3D Designer
Are you a driven, talented team player that wants to work in a creative and vibrant studio as my clients senior 3D designer that is happy with part remote working?
For over a decade my client has created some of the most extraordinary installations, windows & pop ups with a focus on retail environments.
They challenge and nurture their team with boundary pushing projects, training, growth and development.
They are looking for a Senior 3D Designer to join the team either on a full time or freelance basis from their studios in East London.
You would be joining a medium-sized design team in a challenging, exciting and creative environment.
You will have the opportunity as a senior 3D designer to work with great brands on interesting projects; seeing your work 'go live' in their on-site workshop within a very short space of time.
What they are looking for in you as their senior 3D designer:
- A confident, efficient Senior 3D Designer with the ability to produce high quality considered work.
- 5+ years 3D design experience in a design agency/in house for brands. This would ideally include experience in a retail design team, meaning knowledge and experience of all things to do with creative retail; window displays, pop up shops, events and activations.
- A keen creative eye, with the skills to generate storytelling concepts to help reinforce brand messages and sell specific products.
Skills as their senior 3D designer:
- Ability to understand a brief and create a fantastic design that responds to this.
- The ability to communicate concepts through moodboards.
- The ability to convey concept ideas as quick sketch ideas.
- The skill to articulate a vision, confident presenting concept designs to peers and management and clients.
- A talent for storytelling through brilliant design.
- Ability to conceive and design meaningful experiences that communicate a brand message or narrative in
- Ability to create an inspiring storytelling presentation that communicates our understanding of the client’s
brief, delivering exciting creative that makes them dream!
3D Visualisation Skills:
- Expert knowledge of Sketch up.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Good knowledge of rendering software (ideally V Ray).
- Good knowledge of 3D Modelling software would be beneficial eg. C4D / Rhino.
Making your ideas become reality:
- Ability to create a thorough, clear and complete handover of design elements to production. Collaborating with their internal technical team, project managers and production team to deliver fully resolved designs.
- Able to confidently brief, review and approve technical designs that meet the creative requirements.
Producing dimensioned specification packs showing design intent, to handover to the technical design team.
- An understanding of a range of materials, fabrication and assembly processes.
Industry Knowledge as their senior 3D designer:
- Finger on the pulse - aware of the latest trends in design.
- Ability to research from diverse sources to pull together inspiring references that inform project direction.
- Diverse knowledge of brands - understanding aesthetics / tone of voice / brand positioning.
- Current knowledge of brands pushing boundaries with digital activations across social media / e-comm / in
- Understanding of how brands tell stories through interaction in physical spaces - in store activations / workshops / events / personalisation / take homes.
- Awareness of future trends and industry insights, with the ability to apply knowledge/ research creatively to
Benefits as their senior 3D designer:
● 31 days paid annual leave including Bank holidays and Christmas closure
● Up to 6 additional paid days a year for culture & research
● Flexible working available
● Unlimited Access to YCN learning platform