My client operates globally, one of the world’s largest combined air services providers. With offices in the UK, USA and UAE, they supply premium baked goods, meals and snacks to the travel industry. We are helping them find a middleweight designer to join their creative design team! This role is based 5 days a week in their Windsor office
My client focus on partnering with world-class manufacturers customising products and packaging to suit individual customer needs while managing a complex supply chain with the highest levels of precision.
The role as their middleweight designer:
- Creation & development of packaging through use of all available resources and materials.
- Creation of new and development of current brands to include art working across multiple pack formats as their middleweight designer
- Strong understanding of the environmental impact of their industry and the opportunities within design and material choices to improve this.
- Taking initial briefs through the full design process from concept to delivery as their middleweight designer
- Creation and application of designs to other marketing materials such as stationery (e.g. business cards), brochures and adverts etc.
- 3D Design and prototyping management with suppliers as their middleweight designer
- Managing product development projects both individually and as part of the wider team leading junior designers whilst reporting progress to the Design Manager. This will also include supplier liaison, working towards solving technical issues as part of the wider team and proactively working on new materials, products and development opportunities.
- To maintain the high visual standard sets and assist others in maintaining this standard as their middleweight designer
- Creation of presentation and mock-ups to present ideas/executions for approval.
- Responsible for training, coaching & mentoring new and existing junior team members as their middleweight designer
- Responsible for the management of the design studio including materials.
- To ensure a high standard of conduct and leadership by being a role model and setting the example for others to follow. To be flexible, with a can-do attitude, towards all aspects of the role as their middleweight designer
- To undertake any other duties, which may from time to time be assigned. This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive, but it is issued as a general framework at the time of writing
Support the wider Sales Team by:
- Creating bespoke presentations for larger client presentations including digital, printed and all product development.
- Attend sales meetings and present new ideas or concepts as their middleweight designer
- Take & edit product photos for presentations.
- Creating eye-catching displays for client presentations.
The perfect middleweight designer:
You as the middle weight designer will be confident dealing with clients and at ease with pitching concepts and discussing strategy while inspiring more junior members of the team with your passion and ideas.