My client operates globally, one of the world’s largest combined air services providers. With offices in the UK, USA and UAE, they supply premium baked goods, meals and snacks to the travel industry. We are helping them find a junior designer to join their creative design team! This role is based 5 days a week in their Windsor office
My client focus on partnering with world-class manufacturers customising products and packaging to suit individual customer needs while managing a complex supply chain with the highest levels of precision.
Job Purpose for the junior designer:
The Junior Designer will support the objectives of the Creative Team through the development of product design, packaging and branding concepts to sell into new and existing customers.
Key Responsibilities for the junior designer:
- Creation of packaging concepts
- Assist Design Manager with product development, including supplier liaison as their junior designer
- Creation of new branding and development for clients and concepts
- Development of artwork across company brands and new concepts as their junior designer
- Creation and application of designs to other marketing materials and collateral
- Support digital communications - Photography and editing as needed for website/social media/e-Newsletters as their junior designer
- Support the wider Sales Team by:
- Creation and preparation of sales presentations
- Attending sales meetings and take minutes as required
- Taking & editing product photos for presentations
- Creating eye-catching displays for client presentations
- Support with sampling for sales presentations / meetings
Design Skills Required for the junior designer:
Must include the following:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe In-design
- Acrobat Pro
3D Packages for the junior designer:
Any ability using 3D modelling and rendering software would be an advantage particularly Rhino 3D.
Sketching and Illustration Ability for the junior designer:
Often to communicate or start the development of a new product there will be a requirement to show ideas through sketching. Hand illustration for packaging decoration and branding would also be an advantage.
Mock-up and Model Making for the junior designer:
Ability to create mock-ups of packaging concepts is a vital skill for the role.
Trend Research for the junior designer:
Gathering trend information and analysing it to help inform creative briefs is an essential skill.
Person Specification for the junior designer
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective team player
- Ability to prioritise workload, multitask and work to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative