Multimedia Designer & Animator (Social Experience)
My client is a creative agency that forms part of a larger integrated marketing agency, looking for a mid-weight multimedia designer (with knowledge across social media platforms) to work across a wide range of clients.
From brand and product campaigns through to social media executions, delivering media and partner deliverables, this role will be varied, fast paced and highly creative.
For this particular role, a strong knowledge of how to innovate and execute animated creative work across different social media platforms (paid and organic) is essential.
Creative clients / industries range from retail, beauty, technology, sports, banking and beyond, with clients including Panasonic, Aromatherapy Associates, Unicorn Darts, Barclays, Love Home Swap, DeFacto, Russian Standard, The English Football League and Schwartz.
They have a dynamic and informal working atmosphere, priding themselves on producing great strategic thinking and industry-leading creative work.
They are now looking for a talented and ambitious mid-weight designer (multimedia designer) with a focus on designing for social and digital.
You will be an all-rounder with a few years’ experience in the creative industry, ready to support important social campaigns and wider projects.
You’ll have a strong background in design and an excellent eye for detail, with a talent for designing assets bespoke to social media platforms, being up to date on the latest digital design and social platform trends, and working across the adobe suite with a focus on After Effects and Premiere Pro.
This role often involves tackling interesting and open briefs in tight time frames, so you’ll be full of ideas, motivated and collaborative.
You’ll need to:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of design experience, ideally working at a design/branding agency with a social focus
- Have experience designing across all social platforms, with evidence of originality and innovation in your work
- Take a lead role in communicating social trends and opportunity, and delivering high-level social creative
- Be able to take design through from concept to presentation and final delivery
- Be a team player, able to research, teach and learn with other members of the design and wider teams
- Have experience and confidence presenting – you’ll need to gain buy-in to work presented internally and to clients
- Be strongly skilled across the Adobe Suite with a focus on InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects (and preferably, Premiere Pro)
- Knowledge of storyboarding, visual design principles, and animation
- Be able to think outside the box and innovate with creative executions
- Artistic with a keen eye for aesthetics, visually appealing content and refined detail
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and with a can-do attitude
- Illustration or photography experience is a plus
- Salary wise they’re looking at around £30k - £36k but could flex a little either way.
- Start date ASAP (sooner the better!)
- Need to be able to animate aswell as design
- Absolutely has to have a background and strong knowledge of social platforms – aka what works on a paid Facebook ad vs what works on TikTok vs what works on an organic Instagram post. Focusing mainly on paid social though.
If you can do all of that, you’ll find working with them is much more than a salary. All staff receive excellent benefits (pension, season ticket loan, team socials, home working opportunities and so much more) and will be part of a fun and informal culture.