A highly reputable architecture practice based in North London is seeking a confident and skilled Operations Manager to oversee daily tasks around the studio.
As Operations Manager, you'll be expected to take lead with HR, Finance, PA and Admin support. You will be be comfortable with juggling multiple projects at a time, confident with numbers and possess an eye for detail.
- Support the director and associates to develop and deliver future business plan.
- Carry out project reporting and financial analysis.
- Present reports and explain them in an accessible manner.
- Work with the architectural team to monitor job and project financial progress.
- Manage book keeper and ensure all accounts records are accurate.
- Manage payroll, pension scheme, cash flow forecast and monthly updates.
- Monitor annual dept. and salary budgets and advise on future adjustments.
- Ensure the practice’s outgoings are economical and seek quotations.
- Working with project leads, manage client accounting with regards to invoicing, monitoring payments and chasing debtors.
- Manage all HR issues and ensure company policies comply with current HR laws.
- Manage recruitment, carry out new starter inductions, draw up contracts.
- Manage staff appraisals, performance management and salary reviews.
- Lead and participate in monthly management and finance meetings.
- Directly line manage the part time office administrator.
- Assist with managing the ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Maintain compliance, implement changes and manage the external audit process.
- Manage the practices IT and software systems and act as the main point of contact for the IT consultant and other software support companies.
- Accountable for all general administrative and facilities management.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in operations/ practice management role.
- Experience managing HR, people and business finances.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to use initiative and build strong relationships.
- Report writing skills and experience in delivering presentations.
- Flexible and pro-active attitude with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook.
- A genuine interest in architecture and the built environment.