Intermediate to Senior FF&E Designer based in Paris
A highly recognizable AD100 practice known for their high-end design from architecture, decoration and furniture design is looking for an experienced FF&E designer to join its Paris studio to works across luxury residential projects.
This practice is commonly used by industry fellows as a source of inspiration. This studio is known for its level of craftmanship and ability to create spaces that combine modern simplicity and timeless elegance.
The successful candidate will have the right to work in Europe and can speak two languages; English and either French or Spanish.
This will be a full-time role based in Paris.
- Leading the FF&E team and phase of the design
- Pull together well thought out and creatively led interior FF&E concepts and presentations
- Doing specific research into design items eg furniture, lighting, accessories…
- Organising Clients meetings
- Organising internal meetings for the development of the projects with Partners, Architectural chef of projects and FF&E Assistants.
- Following up the administrative aspects of a project
- Working on the digital and physical library of resources
- Produce furniture, shipping, fabrics schedules and checking logistics, liaise with the supply chain
- Quoting and pricing with suppliers
- Keeping organised digital and printed project folders and all documentations
- Organising logistics to site and supplier check-ins to project installations
Skills & Experience:
- Holds a valid EU passport
- Lives in Paris or able to relocate immediately
- Holds a BA in Interior Design or related field (Decoration, Textile, Furniture)
- Proven FF&E experience within the luxury sector, ideally residential
- Speaks at least two languages fluently : native English, Spanish or/and French are greatly appreciated
- Working knowledge of Autocad, Sketchup, InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office is imperative
- Good understanding of VAT and basic budgeting & accounting
- Team-player with a helpful and flexible attitude
- Good client liaison and confident communication skills
- Managing skills
- Experienced in staying calm and focused during projects to deliver on time, under pressure
- Strong presentation skills good presentation
- Confident, organised, attentive to details, proactive and always eager to learn more