The company is seeking to add more designers to its team. As a Packaging Designer, you will be passionate about conceptual design, and you will have experience within the food packaging and branding industry. Ability to produce commercial, high-quality designs are essential, you will also thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be fluent in the adobe create suite. This will be a fulltime onsite role.
Tjarks and Tjarks is an international packaging design agency. We are a team of creatives, strategists, researchers and project managers. We have studios in London and Chicago.
We have over 30 years experience of designing and producing food and drink brands that win at the retail shelf. We have long lasting client relationships that span over decades. We deliver our 360 design to artwork philosophy efficiently, faithfully and accurately, across the globe.
We love a challenge and we love what we do.
What we are looking for?
- You are positive and passionate about the power of design to shape our client’s brands.
- You’ve got an impressive portfolio of food and drink packaging design to wow us with
- You have 5+ years’ experience in packaging design
- You are proactive in driving the standards of design within the department.
- You are conceptual and balance strategic thinking with design craft.
- You’re comfortable rolling out style guide-based range extensions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced project environment.
- You like to work collaboratively across teams
- You take complete ownership of all assigned design projects from initial briefing through to final presentation.
- You have an eagle eye to ensure a consistent, high level of precision and accuracy.
- You’re confident to liaise directly with Account Managers to ensure full understanding of the client’s brief.
- You have great time management and organisational skills.
- You ensure that all deadlines are met within project budgets.
- For the senior position, you inspire and line manager junior members of the design team
- You inspire and line manager junior members of the design team.
- You champion our high standards.
- You are fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- You’re competent working with stock imagery to create photo-realistic serving suggestion compositions.
- You have strong typographical and illustration skills
- You have an ability to cope with shifting priorities
- You’re able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
• Competitive salary
• To work on a wide variety of exciting international projects
• 25 days holiday a year, plus 1 extra special me day
• Pension plan
• Private healthcare option
• Company get-togethers
• Perkbox membership
Job Description - the job description is written at a specific time and is subject to change as the demands of the business and role develop. The role requires flexibility and adaptability and the employees of the company need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed on this job description.
Equal Opportunities - as a company, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of any characteristic as protected by law.
Data Protection – any information we receive as part of an enquiry about opportunities with Tjarks and Tjarks Design Ltd including personal contact details, CV and email address will be kept and used for recruitment purposes for a period of at least one year. You can view the Privacy Notice at https://tjarksandtjarks.com/en/job-applicant-privacy-notice/. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish us to delete any information you have given us and, subject to our rights and obligations under the GDPR, your information will be deleted upon request.
Application - we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.
No search firms/agencies please.