Head of Copy
This role is FULLY REMOTE!
Must be based in the UK
Must have healthcare experience
My client is a full-service creative communications agency, dedicated to healthcare. They provide a full range of creative services, from brand development to tactical campaign implementation, using all channels and elements of the marketing mix.
- Day-to-day management of the Copy team organising/allocating projects and administration of holidays, sickness & other absences etc.
- Assisting with the recruitment of new writers and copy freelancers to the copy team
- To be able to consistently produce creative, accurate, compelling, fully referenced copy suitable for use with a variety of target audiences.
- To maintain responsibility for copy from initiation to completion of each job.
- To be aware of design constraints and relevant brand guidelines when writing copy references, approval and regulations.
- To the agency expert on the ABPI guidelines and any other relevant guidelines/ legislation and to update staff when these are revised.
- To be fully conversant with the key papers and background data for allotted brands.
- To mark up references in accordance with client approval processes, including e-Pass & Zinc.
- To challenge client comments on copy and to suggest alternative ways of incorporating comments if possible.
- To liaise with clients regarding copy matters on if required.
- To keep up to date with therapy areas, bringing attention to any relevant news items or new studies.
Meetings and pitches:
- To present initial copy ideas and concepts internally.
- To play an active role in pitches and present at them if required.
- To attend client meetings and present copy/creative concepts if required.
Planning and organisational skills
Communication skills - both verbal and written
Excellent skills in Word, PPT and client approval processes