Midweight Packaging Designer - FMCG
Midweight Packaging Designer - Global Brand Experience agency
Are you a passionate Graphic Designer bursting with enthusiasm and ideas?
Our client is a global brand design agency specialising in packaging and brand experience. Within Europe they have 4 studios; London, Birmingham, Amsterdam & Paris.
They'll expect you to get involved with internal initiatives, playing an active role in supporting both your immediate colleagues - nurturing and supporting younger designers in the team, spot their strengths and be a champion of their skills and development.
You’ll either be a Mid-weight or will have had a good few years as a Junior. This is a packaging graphic design role, they want to see people with a passion for packaging design who have the ability to adapt designs, so experience of FMCG and healthcare brands would be a real advantage, as would storytelling and designing mode of action.
But you’ll be an excellent designer with a passion for problem-solving and creating memorable communications. Because of the work they do you’ll be a conceptual thinker with strong typographic skills and attention to detail. You can consistently demonstrate the ability to execute with excellence, creating great work, on time and on budget for our clients.
With a grounded working knowledge of the usual Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator) and a portfolio that shows conceptual thinking, you’re focussed, open-minded, and are excited by the potential of being part of a talented and growing pool of creatives.
In this role, you'll be accountable for:
• Working with Design Directors and Senior Designers to understand the brief, brand guidelines, technical constraints for the project and aiding them guide junior team members.
• Challenging the brief, delivering the expected and the unexpected in your response
• Effectively managing your time, collaborating with Resource Managers
• Being a team player. Keeping the channels of communication open between Design, Client Service, Strategy and Operations teams, seeking guidance when things change
• Adding value to internal design reviews, offering a fresh perspective, giving feedback to ensure consistency, art direction of photography.
• Championing and following our file set up, file naming and server filing procedures.
• Pro-actively assisting the team, contributing to studio inspiration and design events
You will need these skills:
Excellence in Adobe CC, (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Keynote
Understanding print production
You'll benefit from this experience:
• 2-5 years experience within a Brand packaging agency
• Understanding of strategic, creative and commercial aspects of brands and the world they inhabit
• A degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, Illustration or related field
What's in it for you?
• Competitive salary
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance scheme
• 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays
• Buy more holidays scheme
• Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to work scheme
• City Bike Scheme (London only)
• Apple purchase discount scheme