Junior Graphic Designer
We’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join the creative team at Raspberry Pi in Cambridge. This role will suit someone looking to work in an environment where design tasks can be very varied, with the flexibility to work across several different kinds of platforms, including print magazines, web, packaging, video, those decal thingies you stick on cars, and much more.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of online and print-based design, typesetting and perhaps photography. This role will suit a fast-thinking person with a sense of humour and good attention to detail. You‘ll love design, and enjoy trying new ideas. You’ll be able to take direction, and to work within our established visual style, but also not be shy about proposing new ideas. You’ll have a good knowledge of trends in the design industry and social media, and be able to apply this to your work. You will be happy working on a varied set of tasks, and be able to context-switch and prioritise.
Raspberry Pi’s a great place to work; you would be joining a friendly, collaborative and close Communications team that works hard, and prizes individuality, creativity and wit. You will be joining a small, growing team: there is opportunity to make a big impact and for advancement and development for the right candidate. You’ll have the opportunity to broaden your skills through formal training and mentorship, and we offer on-the-job training too.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong typographic skills
- Excellent compositional understanding
- Ability working with both print and digital design
- Facility with creating clear diagrams
- Highly creative
- Ability to manage your time across several projects running concurrently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good knowledge of colour theory
- Experience handling image files and using existing assets to create artwork
- Ability to work with brand guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Happy working independently or as part of a busy team
- Open to feedback and constructive criticism
- Assertive but able to take direction
The closing date for applications is Thursday 10th February at 10am. Please make sure you include a copy of your portfolio when completing the application form.
Candidates invited to interview will need to bring along three pieces of varied work and should be prepared to talk through the design process for these in detail. Additional information about the interview process will be provided to successful candidates.