Summary of Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join Design102: a central government design studio working on projects that make a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced animator and motion designer to produce engaging and visually striking animations and films. With excellent animation skills and at least 3-5 years’ studio experience, you will be happy to deliver animations across a broad range of styles and briefs, including social media content, longer form animated films and motion graphics for video projects.
In particular, we’re looking for someone with strong 2D character animation skills who can improve our character animation offering to clients, as well as share their knowledge and experience with other designers and animators in the team.
You’re motivated, ambitious, positive and work as well independently as you do in a team.
If you have a strong passion for animation and motion design, thrive off great design and have a portfolio with a range of animated projects, this is the job for you.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- assisting the project lead and senior animator at all stages of the design and animation process
- delivering engaging animation solutions for a range of client needs, including animations, motion graphics, social media content, templates, dynamic infographics, digital designs, display adverts and more
- working with the design team to assist production of design assets for animation, including look and feel proposals, storyboards, logos, branded elements, character designs and other assets
- working with the video team to produce graphics and templates for film projects
- working with communication colleagues, clients and stakeholders to discuss the business objectives and requirements of every job
- working to agreed deadlines and budgets, adhering to brand guidelines and relevant industry design standards and accessibility guidelines
- delivering excellent customer service, seeking to understand clients’ priorities and constraints and providing clear and timely communications
- managing multiple projects at once, allocating time effectively and keeping the client team updated on progress
- keeping the project management system up to date, logging time spent on each project
- presenting ideas and concepts, explaining clearly and confidently why the creative work is effective
- incorporating client feedback and amending designs accordingly
- working effectively as part of a team with designers, copywriters, videographers, artworkers, the strategy team and the client team
Essential experience and personal skills:
- relevant years’ animation studio, agency or practical on-the-job experience in design, animation or video roles
- a wide portfolio of design and motion graphics disciplines, including character animation
- excellent technical knowledge and a solid understanding of industry-standard motion design applications – After Effects, Illustrator and other Adobe Creative Cloud programmes
- proficient FK and IK character rigging and animation skillset within After Effects, either manually or using plugins such as DUIK, RubberHose and Limber
- proficient knowledge of After Effects expressions and master properties via Essential Graphics
- a passion for motion graphics, with an eye for detail to quality control your own and others’ work
- creative flair and a strong visual sense, including excellent typographic and design skills
- willingness to try and get stuck into new methods, skills and tools, with an attitude to ‘give it a go’ and be ‘up for a challenge’
- a strong desire to learn and to engage with the wider team
- an understanding of accessibility principles and guidelines
- awareness of emerging design trends and technologies
- experience in liaising with clients and implementing feedback
- excellent communication and written skills, with the confidence to present and explain
- the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines with accuracy and speed
- enthusiasm and good teamwork skills
It’s an advantage if you have:
- additional 3D animation and modelling skills in Cinema 4D
- experience with physics simulator plugins such as Newton, and other advanced plugins such as Plexus
- experience of Adobe Character Animator
- experience with audio editing and using sound effects in Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition
- experience with video editing and colour grading in Premiere Pro
- degree or other qualification in a design or motion graphics-related subject
Your application should include your CV and a covering letter (statement of suitability).
Please also include within your suitability a hyperlink to a short showreel and/or portfolio that includes examples of your work.
You can find out more about us at www.design102.co.uk
To apply, please visit our website
Closing date: 31 January 2022.