An FF&E Designer is needed to join a Design studio who work on exciting large-scale projects across the UK. Expect to design, source, and procure furniture, fittings and equipment (FF&E) on commercial and residential projects.
With projects that range from the full interior design and bespoke furnishing of a 3000 sq ft home in Notting Hill, to the design of 10,000 sq ft of amenity areas in Manchester this exciting design studio cover all aspects of Interior design, as well as smaller high-value private client projects. They are now seeking an FF&E Designer / Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment Designer to work closely with clients, interior designers, project management and installation teams.
Reporting to the Design Director the FF&E Designer will lead, create and oversee FF&E projects from conception to completion.
In more detail the FF&E Designer will:
- Use AutoCAD and moodboards (physical and digital) to communicate to the client.
- Create FF&E schedules with accurate costs.
- Work with the wider team in the spatial planning and design of each project.
- Negotiate, co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers.
- Attend meetings and presenting FF&E concepts to clients.
- Find solutions and alternatives as problems arise and seek necessary approvals.
- Oversee the installation of projects where required ensuring accessories and styling requirements are met.
- Update FF&E library & sample area.
- Research new suppliers.
The projects this role will cover are varied and will include those ranging from prime residential schemes through to multi-unit new build developments and working spaces. They will include amenity space design along with the dressing and styling of the developments and the delivery of show apartments.
Hybrid working will be considered for the right candidate, but it is expected that you will be in the London Office (Waterloo) the majority of the time.
To qualify… You could be an FF&E Designer / Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment Designer / FFE Designer or similar with a CV & portfolio that demonstrates:
- Experience within an interior design practice.
- Experience working on residential and/or hospitality focused projects.
- Experience in project management (budgeting, scheduling etc).
- An Industry recognised diploma or degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture.
- In depth knowledge of products, materials & suppliers.
- You are proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Suite.
- Keen interest in industry design trends.
- General knowledge of interior architecture with the ability to read and understand technical drawings, including furniture shop drawings.
- The ability to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- Can differentiate the needs of different ‘styles’ and ‘looks’ and deliver those styles without letting personal preferences impact choices.
- Able to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Discretion with sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of an effective team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage junior & intermediate designers on the team.
- You are fluent in English.
Any experience with Estimac would be a bonus. Any knowledge of how to use lighting and shadows for drama and impact would be ideal.
In return the FF&E Designer will be joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people in a fantastically fun working environment and culture.