FF&E Designer - Restaurant Design
An interior design studio that specialises in boutique, high-spec hospitality interiors is seeking a FF&E designer to join the team an collaborate on timeless, authentic and tailored projects.
The successful candidate will have an affinity for art, design, materials, objects and furniture. Along with this, a broad knowledge of suppliers globally, including vintage pieces and artisans. You should possess a strong portfolio of projects within high-end independent restaurants where no detail is overlooked.
This is an enviable opportunity to work alongside a renowned team lead who is known for her creative direction on projects across London and Europe.
- Alongside the heads of design, develop a well thought-out FF&E scheme.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and design reviews.
- Responsible for sourcing finishes, materials, lighting and FF&E for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creation of mood, material and furniture boards for presentation.
- Develop FF&E specification documentation.
- Review and modify if necessary, all specifications, for accuracy and design intent, and request changes as required.
- Prepare general furniture layouts and draw/detail any bespoke pieces.
- Prepare furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant’s drawings.
- Maintain and build relationships with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Attend production visits to ensure level and quality of finishes is maintained.
- Ensure project delivery within project criteria and office standards and maintain the overall project programme.
- Co-ordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved.
Skills & Experience
- BA in Interior Design.
- Have the right to work in UK.
- Proven experience in similar luxury hospitality projects, ideally restaurants.
- Have a deep understanding of materials and finishes for commercial interiors.
- A passion for furniture, objects and lighting; keeping up with industry trends and knowledge of artisans and vintage pieces a bonus.
- Unparalleled attention to detail and superb coordination skills.
- Must have a good technical understanding for joinery.
- A good sense of layout and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Software: AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign.
Apply with you CV and sample portfolio, looking to interview immediately!