Senior Digital Designer
About my client
They are an agile, energetic design company with a 30-year history in creative communications. They build brand engagement - creating meaningful connections through sharp storytelling, exceptional experiences, and intuitive interactions that live up to their promise of ‘complex messages made simple'. They're all about intelligent design. Partnering with a wide range of clients, including leading global healthcare companies, they strive to make a real impact. To the worlds of their customers, and their users. From their Chichester-based studio, a stone's throw from Chichester Marina, they bring intelligence, intuition, and integrity together to empower humanised brands.
This role is part remote!
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Client Team, and Managing Director you will be bring curiosity, craft, and confidence to all aspects of the design process across digital assets, UX & UI, and traditional print collaterals.
Able to bring the brand story to life with exceptional design flair, and an outstanding knowledge of user-focused layouts, typography, imagery, and interface design, you are a go-to design leader in the studio for design quality.
Accountable for rigorous and robust high-quality design work, mentoring the design team and art workers, you’ll provide design expertise across many communications with a keen eye for the details that elevate our design work to an extraordinary level of thinking and finesse.
Self-assured in your own proven ability you’ll be able to help the team create intelligent, high-quality designs that support their promise of ‘complex messages made simple’ and ensure their client expectations are exceeded and their commercial goals are met consistently.
As a hands-on design leader, you will be responsible for working in collaboration with account handlers to support creative briefings and project scoping.
Teaming-up with other creatives, designers, art workers, and developers you will bring your design logic and knowhow to ensure the integrity of our design work is maintained throughout the creative process.
Working by their values and creative standards you will adhere to all studio processes to ensure consistent design qualities and final output of your own work and other team members.
- Discussing, and understanding, project requirements.
- Interpreting a clients brief using a mix of design expertise, commercial awareness, and as directed by others.
- Bringing the brand story to life through with intelligent, impactful design ideas and visualisations.
- Assisting the design teams ideas, providing them with creative input to improve their work and essentially make sure all design is implemented with accuracy.
- Scamping ideas for internal and external purposes across layouts, user experiences, prototypes, and design storyboards that bring the user experience and subject matter to life, based on user insights.
- Actively looking for opportunities to extend the reach of design briefs based on client/customer needs (SPIN).
- Advising, and scoping the project requirements with the Project Lead or Account Manager.
- Translating creative briefs into exciting and dynamic visual executions across all design assets and guidelines.
- Developing visual solutions that have impact, are on-brand, and consistent.
- Working with the wider team to brainstorm design ideas, user experiences, and interactive touch points.
- Presenting and substantiating creative and design decisions of the design team to internal teams and clients.
- Creating design layouts and templates across a wide range of assets.
- Developing and overseeing the design assets for larger design projects ensuring BDC’s high standards are maintained.
- Establishing clear communication hierarchies that convey the key message(s) to the user.
- Selecting, editing, and framing imagery across print, digital, interface and some motion design.
- Designing and overseeing the development of all branding elements including styling, typography iconography, technical illustrations, charts, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or a related field is required.
- 8-12 years’ experience in the design industry.
- A strong portfolio to showcase your creativity, design craft and sector knowledge
- An interest and experience in healthcare communications.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques for print, digital, interface and motion design.
- Significant experience in leading a small design team in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to manage the design process from design concept to a finalised solution ready for production.
- High levels of expertise in Adobe CC, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, PowerPoint, Outlook, (XD, Figma, After Effects, Premier Pro an advantage)
- Strong design craft and layout skills, a passion for typography and impeccable attention to detail.
- Confident image manipulating and retouching skills.
- Organised and structured with strong project and team management skills.
- Ability to effectively quality assess design work throughout the creative process.
- Proficient file management, keeping servers organised and up to date.
- Proactive, a real doer and problem solver.
- Practical and curious, pokes at things and asks the right questions.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and act on it responsibly and effectively.
- Demonstrating maturity when dealing with objections.
- A true team player, able to build strong trusted relationships with multiple people, and personalities across the business, and mentor junior members of the team.