Citadel Miniatures Concept Manager
Our world class miniatures design studio is at the creative heart of Games Workshop, inhabited by a group of diverse individuals with varying skill sets and backgrounds brought together by a common set of shared values, tireless creativity and a passion for creating world-class miniatures.
We are looking for a Concept Manager to join our Design Management Team, in the rapidly expanding Citadel Miniatures Studio.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the conceptualiser team, to produce world class Intellectual Property that is ever improving, unique and protectable. That IP will not only be used for Warhammer Miniatures in the concepting phase of new miniatures product, but also for other areas of the business that could be used for licensees, Black Library and in-house animation projects.
In this brand new role, you will be expected to push the boundaries of what is possible, fostering a team identity that is continually inspired, visionary and highly creative in order to deliver better and better concepts for citadel miniatures, on time, everytime.
- Lead and manage the Concept Team; setting clear goals and measuring performance. Coaching and developing the team, particularly in the area of creative thinking, critical feedback and good concepting practice.
- Generate written project briefs; discussing the objectives with the Design Management Team, in order to understand, challenge and clarify the desired outcomes.
- Propose and implement plans, new processes and ways of working; in order to create efficiencies and drive creativity and vision in the team.
- Collaborate with the Design Management Team, giving feedback on the 3d mock-up process to ensure that the 3d concepts are realised appropriately.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of successfully managing creative teams and the concept creation process, delivering high quality outcomes.
- An understanding of the underlying design philosophy of our miniatures and how great concepts will deliver great Citadel Miniatures, having a vision regarding our design agenda and how it can be driven forward.
- The ability to communicate clearly, positively and effectively, using written, verbal and, particularly, visual methods.
- Broad and deep relevant artistic knowledge (art history, military history, design principles, etc) and the ability to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of staff and help them to develop.
- Demonstrate great commercial acumen via an understanding of how design choices impact on sales performance.
A recognised qualification in an art or design discipline may help your application.
This will be an exciting role for the right person and a fantastic opportunity in a fast growing company full of passionate people.
Working at Games Workshop
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let's not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
Other Essential Information
Location: This role is based full time in our design studio at our headquarters in Lenton, Nottingham, UK.
Closing Date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 30th January 2022.
How to Apply
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.