This role is integral in ensuring the effective and smooth running of a south west London architecture studio of 11 people, providing a high level of service internally and externally across most areas of the business.
The main aspect of the position is to build good working relationships with all employees, clients, suppliers and regular contacts. To maintain an awareness of the work of the studio, anticipating the necessary administrative support required, also reviewing improvements to systems, processes and procedures when needed.
- Reception - taking/relaying messages, screening calls, welcoming visitors, maintaining the studio diary.
- Administration/PA - travel arrangements, diary management, organise studio socials, administration tasks for designers.
- HR - support management with all HR issues, onboard new employees, contact for recruitment, manage leavers process, manage appraisals.
- Facilities - health and safety, manage libraries, ensure studio is presentable, organise light building repairs, space planning, manage utility suppliers.
- Sales Support - field and qualify incoming enquiries, book sales meetings, qualify and categorise leads, manage new business diary, prepare reports for management.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of two years’ previous studio management covering all required areas, within a creative background
- Budget management experience essential
- Strong IT knowledge and experience working in a Mac environment essential, with working knowledge of all Microsoft applications. Photoshop and Adobe InDesign an advantage
- Decisive and results orientated, effective in managing situations and developing relationships
- A confident and proactive initiator of ideas and solutions who can inspire confidence through effective communication and timely delivery of information