Head of Content
Our client is an enterprise B2B agency
They specialise in combining intelligence, insight and creativity to drive customer focused, effective communications and tangible commercial growth.
They apply insight, experience and a framework for innovation to deliver game-changing sales and marketing strategies.
The role in brief...
The Head of Content is responsible for planning and developing all the engaging and relevant content that their client creates to achieve the business goals of its B2B technology clients.
The Fix Creative are looking for someone to lead, plan and inspire the development of first-class content - inclusive of video, thought leadership, infographics, articles, blogs, sales intelligence, sales enablement, email, web, social and online advertising - to ensure optimal engagement with B2B target audiences across multiple channels, campaigns and clients.
The Head of Content is a strategically-minded individual who not only understands the macro-level trends, innovations, and disruptions affecting B2B tech brands, but is also able to understand how to successfully connect with today’s B2B buyers. They’ll be responsible for content strategy, production and quality across their fast growing agency, and get the chance to work with some of the world’s most exciting tech brands.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years’ of relevant content experience and will have worked in fast-paced agency environments, including B2B.
The Head of Content should perform well to tight deadlines, be detail-oriented and an expert in content optimisation and brand consistency. They will be an excellent communicator with strong copy-editing and proof-reading skills.
They should be able to plan and oversee all integrated, marketing content initiatives, to ensure customer engagement and an outstanding user experience to support lead nurturing and lead conversion programmes.
- Working independently and with teams/copywriters, to research around topics of interest and target audiences
- Helping to define the core messaging and narrative for campaigns
- Producing clear and concise creative and copy briefs for individual assets
- Working closely with agency teams in client services, digital and delivery to ensure consistently high-quality content is produced and that all campaigns are delivered on time, on budget and are error-free
- Managing and growing their freelance pool of B2B copywriters and researchers
- Editing, proof-reading and occasional copywriting
- Optimising content according to SEO guidelines
- Staying up to date with developments and generating new ideas
- Managing agency case study production and marketing award submissions
- Educating and informing the agency team on content creation best practices
- Proven track record planning, creating and executing outstanding digital content
- Can take a step back and see the bigger picture
- Ability to stay true to the content strategy throughout the project lifecycle
- A love of technology and all things content-related, stays up-to date with current digital formats, martech, content marketing trends and social media practices
- High work ethic, ensuring all projects stay on track
- Used to a fast pace, can multi-task under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Takes full ownership of projects and deal proactively with queries
- Can think on your feet and make fast, logical decisions to problem solve
- Confident with client interaction, excellent communicator and presentation skills
- Willingness to innovate and test new ideas, failing fast and learning
- Appetite to learn new tools/technologies and being proficient with Microsoft Office
- Team player as lots of interaction with agency teams in delivery, digital, client services etc.
- Experience creating and delivering content strategies for complex B2B and/or tech brands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Copywriting skills an advantage, although not essential. Ability to critically review against objectives, brand guidelines, client preferences and grammatical accuracy is a must
- Knowledge of project management & production processes across a range of content types
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working with senior clients
- Experience of managing and developing others to achieve the team’s and agency’s goals
Nice to have:
- BSc qualification in journalism, publishing, marketing or similar field
- Extensive digital content, editorial experience
- Adept at SEO best practices and keyword selection