Packaging Creative Artworker
About the agency
Our client is a small agency of about twenty people with big ambitions for 2022. They have a beautiful studio in NW London which is open every day — but they have a flexible working approach, with just one core day a week when they all go in. The rest of the time, it’s up to you where you work as long as you’re comfortable. There’s a lot to learn in this role, but they have a strong onboarding culture and are proactive and hands-on when it comes to training. They value self-development and empower every member of their team to follow their passions both in work and outside of it.
Our client is looking to expand the creative team, starting with a Creative Artworker to support the Senior Creative Artworker, working predominantly on their packaging accounts. This is a junior-mid level role, best suited to someone who has worked in an agency before and has first-hand experience with adhering to complex brand guidelines.
You should find orderliness satisfying, thrive in a process-driven environment, and enjoy implementing designs accurately across different touchpoints. The more strings you have in your bow the better — many of the team demonstrate multiple disciplines, such as repro, retouching and video editing. And although it’s not a prerequisite for the role, it’s certainly a bonus.
Most importantly, they are looking for someone cheerful and enthusiastic who will contribute to the positive, can-do atmosphere in the team. If you’re reading this and nodding along, then this may well be the job for you!
- You will work closely with the Senior Creative Artworker to maintain the consistent implementation of our client’s design platform across a very large portfolio of baby care products.
- You will create artwork from briefing and liaise with clients online during the approval process.
- You are equally happy talking about the big picture as you are keeping an eye on meticulous execution and the day-to-day details.
- You will ensure artwork adheres to range and brand guidelines and play an essential role as a Brand Guardian, working closely with the rest of the design team.
- You will have a love for typesetting and demonstrate an eagle-eyed attention to detail.
- You will thrive in a well-structured, organised environment and not shy away from admin.
- You will use checklists and processes to maintain high-quality, accurate artwork.
- Like the rest of the team, you will be client-facing — confidence in communicating face-to-face, over video calls and via email is a must.
- You will accurately flow in languages and codes on multi-lingual pack artworks, proof via the online approval tool, and manage amends and approvals from multiple stakeholders.
- You will be able to juggle multiple projects at once and stick to deadlines.
- You will have an appetite for growth and development, and value quarterly appraisals as chance to show that growth.