DIRECTOR OF CREATIVE CONTENT
Director of Creative Content - Leading independent brand communication agency
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer Mentored by: Head of Digital
Our client is on the hunt for a Director of Creative Content. What that means is someone who can lead a
team consisting of film makers, animators, and copywriters to provide their clients with strategically driven content
ranging from larger ‘longer form’ storytelling through to delivering a more agile ‘always on’ engine to support any
immediate or continually evolving communications.
What’s exciting, and where they see a role for someone with big ambitions, is that our client's current content offer
is growing fast. To reach its full potential, it needs to be harnessed and structured in a way that allows them to build
on that momentum. As such your first task will be to understand the business, align the existing team under your
leadership and communicate your expectations and ambitions. Once this has been done you will be free to
assess where you think the growth opportunities lie, actively work with other teams to realise them at the same
time as filling any capability gaps you think will hinder us from delivering that growth.
To build, manage and mentor a commercially sound, happy and exceptionally creative content team (including
contractors) and work collaboratively with the Chief Creative Officer and Head of Digital to develop their
existing offer which will be underpinned by a joint vision and ambitious set of goals.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels internally and externally
- Build strong relationships with both the creative, client services and consultancy teams
- Win the hearts and minds of the people in those teams in order to educate and inspire them
- Align yourself with the agency's key account teams for the opportunity to influence their biggest clients
- Work with your team to ensure their skills, work and processes are being maximised
- Inspire your team to think bigger and suggest upskilling where necessary
- Highlight any capability gaps and fill them sympathetically to help the agency achieve their goals
- Supersize the proposition by communicating your ideas with purpose, clarity and enthusiasm.
- Have an overall perspective on a client’s business issues, events and activities
- Understand any wider implications that may have a long-term impact on projects
- Highlight the big strategically significant accounts without looking past the small ones
- Be able to lean of the expertise of others to make a great ideas even better
Share information appropriately and build supportive, trusting and professional relationships
Partner with other teams, deliver training and mentor others
Maintain momentum by being able to identify and solve the right problems
Don’t get caught in the weeds