Business Development Manager - Marketing
Business Development Manager (Marketing) - London
Our client is a globally renowned branding agency working on branding, comms and packaging design solutions for household names. They are around 100 people based across multiple locations including London and New York.
The Business Development Manager (Marketing) will play a central and important role in supporting the team to implement the 2022 Business Development Strategy and will manage the effective delivery of the full Marketing & PR Strategy for the agency. Working with a partner PR & Marketing agency & the BD & Marketing Director – this role will drive the successful implementation of a comprehensive multi-media marketing strategy.
Key deliverables will be the delivery of this strategy and measuring it’s effectiveness. Working with colleagues externally & Internally, this individual will be responsible for the consistent communication of the agency's core values and design led commercial agenda.
The role will dovetail into the partner role – that of Business Development Manager (New Business) and as a team they will support a consistent and winning approach to RFI’s, RFP’s, Pitches and Presentations. Ensuring all communication materials are of a consistently high quality – with support from the wider agency team.
This role also involves raising the profile of the agency and their Senior Leadership team both externally and within their Network, supporting their ambition to be an authoritative voice in the branding industry and to support business development and client acquisition.
Main duties of role:
- Influencing and supporting the full marketing strategy across multiple media alongside the BD & Marketing Director and our partner agency.
- Measuring data regarding effectiveness and reporting back to the SLT.
- Shaping the social media strategy and educating colleagues on it’s effective usage.
- Supporting the new business team across all new business activity including planning (2022), strategy and execution and help instil a best practice approach to new business
- Understand the agency's offer in detail across all its disciplines and effectively communicate this to live prospects (or those in our pipeline).
- Working internally across our key disciplines (with a specific focus in stakeholder communications and brand) to coordinate RFI, RFP and pitch processes to ensure the highest quality submissions, delivered on time and managed efficiently.
- Ensuring all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free of highest quality, relevant to the client’s business challenges, and reflective of the agency's approach to consultancy, design, and branding.
- Working closely with discipline leads and Business Development Colleagues to develop marketing materials against defined discipline plans (presentations, campaigns, webinars, events, TL).
- . A good knowledge of CRM, and tracking tools (google analytics, social analytics) to measure success and get most value from content
- Assisting with new business events and any follow up required.
- Raising the profile of the agency with existing clients and potential clients.
- At least 3/4 years’ experience in a Marketing role in a similar agency and experience of writing RFI’s and RFP’s (specific experience working on reporting & brand opportunities)
- Good understanding of business development, marketing strategy and communications planning
- A creative individual – with an eye for powerful design led marketing
- Skilled in social media – this role requires experience in shaping social media campaigns
- A team player that will contribute to the success of the agency by sharing knowledge and supporting multiple stakeholders and internal team members
- Strong organisational skills
- Self-starter attitude and finds a way of getting things done
- Flexible, practical and pragmatic
- An excellent eye for detail, communication skills (writing skills are key) and knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- A good networker and problem solver
- The tenacity to keep at it.