Business Development Manager - New Business
Business Development Manager - New Business - London
Globally renowned branding agency with a team of over 100 people spread across various locations including London and New York are on the lookout for a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will play a central and important role in supporting the team to implement the 2022 Business Development Strategy and will manage the effective delivery of RFI’s, RFP’s and pitches (with a specific focus on stakeholder communications and brand) with the support from the wider BD team.
This role also involves raising the profile of our client and their Senior Leadership team both externally and within their Network, supporting their ambition to be an authoritative voice in their industry and to support business development and client acquisition.
Main duties of role:
- Supporting the new business team across all new business activity including planning (2022), strategy and execution and help instil a best practice approach to new business.
- Understand the agency's offer in detail across all its disciplines and effectively communicate this to live prospects (or those in their pipeline).
- Working internally across our key disciplines (with a specific focus in stakeholder communications and brand) to coordinate RFI, RFP and pitch processes to ensure the highest quality submissions, delivered on time and managed efficiently.
- Ensuring all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free of highest quality, relevant to the client’s business challenges, and reflective of the agency's approach to consultancy, design, and branding.
- Working closely with discipline leads and Business Development Colleagues to develop marketing materials against defined discipline plans (presentations, campaigns, webinars, events, TL).
- Identifying opportunities with businesses from tracking news across industries
on M&A, product development, jobs moves etc.
- Raising the profile of the agency with existing clients and potential clients.
- At least 3/4 years’ experience in a BD role within a brand agency and experience of writing RFI’s and RFP’s (specific experience working on reporting & brand opportunities)
- Good understanding of business development, marketing strategy and communications planning
- A team player that will contribute to the success of the agency by sharing knowledge and supporting multiple stakeholders and internal team members
- Strong organisational skills
- Self-starter attitude and finds a way of getting things done
- Flexible, practical and pragmatic
- An excellent eye for detail, communication skills (writing skills are key) and knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- A good networker and problem solver
- The tenacity to keep at it.