Senior Designer - Design & Build
Our client who is one of the market leaders in Design & Build is looking for a Senior Pitch Designer to join their growing company in London.
The role of a Senior Pitch Designer will be varied and challenging, each day will be different. You will be working on your own projects as well as providing mentoring and ongoing support to your direct reports as well as the wider design team.
In this role, you will confidently collaborate with internal project teams, supporting them through active design input and the management of all phases of the design process, from client brief to winning pitch.
On each pitch will work closely with the Project Director, Pre-Contract Manger and visualisation team to produce a winning scheme. Once the project is won you will lead the design development phase up to client sign off prior to handover to the technical design team.
- Understanding, analysing, and developing a client brief.
- Being fully aware of design, direction, and legislative issues within the industry.
- Understanding the importance of creativity and innovation in developing a workplace solution.
- Considering the client's expectations and longer-term needs.
- Listening to and understanding the needs of all the clients relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders and our internal project teams to ensure design remains within budget and is technically competent to the client need/brief.
- Effectively and efficiently communicating progress of the design to internal project teams and relevant external parties
- Communicating key aspects of the design to obtain client sign-offs at each work stage.
- Professionally and effectively presenting commercial benefits to clients
- Staying informed on new business trends and best practice.
Skills and Experience
- At least 6 years' experience in a commercial D&B design.
- A good level of technical skill with attention to detail.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, especially on work for pitches and tenders.
- Excellent communication - both written and verbal
- Ability to manage your own time and that of relevant others responsibly and effectively.
- A positive and professional 'can do' attitude
- Ability to create a common sense of team and purpose
- Ownership for achieving personal and team objectives.
- Ability to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Adobe Suite