Our Client who is one of the market leading Design and Build companies is looking for a Project Designer to join their growing team. As a design-led agency with significant scale, all of our clients office refurbishment services are in-house.
They take time to learn about the clients and create a tailored project team of the perfect experts to match projects and businesses.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to use your initiative to work without close supervision and reach tight deadlines, primarily working on your own projects. You will be presentable, confident with good client skills.
Your role will require you to meet prospective client and discuss design briefs and develop these into pitches alongside your team
Job Description Key Objectives
- Work as an integrated and compelling member of the project design team to create outstanding design solutions which fulfil the potential client's needs and stretch their imaginations
- Use all your sensory skills to consistently produce very high-quality creative responses to our clients briefs, to help my client be appointed on pitches in which you participate or originate
- To support and work with the Landlord project team
- Present design schemes in the format of mood boards and visuals to support the Landlord team's successful award of projects and retention of clients
- Work closely alongside the Project Directors to adhere to client brief and budget.
- To pitch design solutions to clients either on your own or as part of an integrated team
- Ensure good client liaison and co-ordination for the designs you are responsible for and offer exceptional client service through speed, transparency and honesty
- Contact with sub-contractors and suppliers in relation to technical details, availability of product and cost information when working to budgets
- To openly share your views with the wider team and participate in the success strategy of the business.
- Undertake research into new products, finishes, furniture, exhibitions and trends for the design team
- To consistently raise the standard of presentations, both through design content, material and technology
On specific projects the designer will act as account manager, taking a brief from the client, developing the concept for presentation, preparing the specification and cost plan and managing the project through to a successful completion.
Assistance will be given by the Landlord Team Manager to develop this aspect. Above all to take this job description as our minimum expectation, to work over and beyond our minimum expectation to achieve the success that is available to you within the business.
The ideal candidate will be working with other team members as is required and will report directly to Head of Landlord on matters within the Landlord team.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as Project Designer
- A strong working proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch-up and InDesign
- Skills in showing ideas through hand sketches preferred, or the use of Sketch Up to express ideas to collaborate with visualisers and pre-contracts
- Creative skills that are focused and can work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced industry
- Working towards specified fit-out and furniture budgets
- Understanding of how design concepts can be translated into technical packages
- Some knowledge of the legislative issues within the industry
- Confident personality, with team player attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
Apply for Project Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly