Senior Interior Designer
My client is an international, high end restaurant brand currently spanning 4 countries.
It is now entering a hyper-growth phase with expansion plans into both existing locations and new continents over the next 3 years.
My cleint has opened 16 trattorias and the biggest food court in Europe over the last 7 years.
To deliver this level of experience, my client has created an in-house design team- - made up of 16 designers whose job it is to create the coolest spaces in the world!
With new openings scheduled in 7 countries in the next 3 years, this is an exciting time to join and be involved in the growth and success of the company, as well as having scope for personal development and growth.
EXPERIENCE 6+ years of experience in either hospitality or a similar relevant field and be very experienced with running and delivering projects; either hotels or restaurants.
RESPONSIBILITIES The Senior Interior Designer will lead several projects from concept to implementation, whilst managing a team of mid and junior designers: - Space planning and production of full technical drawing pack, including a strong knowledge of joinery, furniture and construction detailing.
- Overseeing all Contractor shop drawings
- Delivering a strong design concept and creative vision through sketches and visualisation, adhering to budget and technical constraints
- Awareness of current style trends as well as the wider restaurant industry.
- Awareness of budget and value engineering where necessary.
- Developing and maintaining strong communication with Client, Contractors, in-house Construction and Operations team.
- Regular site visits to track project progress, with follow-up and feedback. - Understanding and adherence to full Construction programme, respecting program milestones.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of finishes and materials
- Mentoring and managing mid and junior members of the team
- High level of AutoCAD is a must.
- Proficient in SketchUp
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Microsoft Office
- Strong freehand sketching abilities
- Strong Project Management skills
- Good eye for colour and materials
- Good managerial skills. -