This role is 3 days a week in the office and 2 from home
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing and evolving company. They create a huge amount in-house from concept to final artwork, spanning across packaging, instore marketing POS, print, digital and events. It’s possible your role will also involve illustration, copy writing, digital animation and photography depending on your skills and experience.
You’ll be working across both my clients brands so you’ll need to adopt a flexible design style. Occasionally you will also partner with agencies, particularly to input at the creative brainstorm stage.
This is the senior role in their design team of 3 people, where you will have 1 direct report. You will report into the Marketing Director and work closely with the wider marketing team. You will be a STUDIO MANAGER AND DESIGNER IN ONE!
Ideally you will be an enthusiastic candidate with a passion for food, healthy eating and lifestyle. You will be a highly organised and talented individual looking to take the next step in your career. This is a face-paced business with entraprenueral roots that has now entered the next phase of the growth journey, so if you are up for the challenge you will be rewarded with a chance to make a real impact.
They’re looking for a brilliant creative thinker to come and join the team. Someone who gets brands and consumers. They want someone who sparks creativity, energy and passion for great modern design who can inspire others to create their best work. They are a small team so they’ll need you to roll your sleeves up and get involved!
About the role
Key focus areas of the role itself and where you will spend the majority of your time:
- Studio management - reviewing briefs, understanding what is required and scheduling projects to meet often tight deadlines. You will use Trello, Team Gant and Clockify software.
- Creative concepts – Developing creative concepts across packaging, in-store POS, digital and print.
- Comms development – Working with existing brand campaign creative, develop further campaign materials that are eye-catching and build out campaign effectiveness.
- Comms creation – Come up with creative campaign ideas for sub-ranges often supporting NPD launches
- Guidelines & Toolkits - Develop brand, packaging guidelines and tookits.
- Team management – lead, mentor and develop team members
- Manage and maintain archived graphic files, including logos, product photography, packaging design files, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience working in-house or agency side with bold, unique, impactful work.
- Conceptual thinking - you are ideas focussed and centred around the strength of a concept behind a project, rather than just how it’s delivered.
- Spark, energy and passion – you are inspiring and constantly looking at ways to push boundaries to move the brands forward
- People focussed, with a track record of bringing out the best in others as their manager.
- Flexible and open – you are able to take and give feedback constructively, working other views into your thinking whilst still holding a strong view.
- The ability to work under time pressure while ensuring a keen eye for detail.
- Able work through creative ideas, exploring and narrow down to best options.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design principles and production methods
- Enjoys collaboration and relationship building across departments and with agencies
- Comfortable to adapt to change
- Strong time management skills to ensure multiple, concurrent tasks are delivered to a high-standard and on-brand
A couple of things that are not essential but would be nice to have:
- Copywriting skills
- Illustration skills
- Digital animation (e.g. After Effects)