A sizeable and multi-award-winning architecture studio in north/central London needs an experienced management accountant to join their finance team and support the finance partner whilst also helping to manage two finance assistants.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts up to P&L, balance sheet and cash-flow statement.
- Payroll - manage the monthly payroll, staff pensions, childcare voucher system, cycle to work scheme and the annual BUPA scheme, group life assurance and group permanent health Insurance.
- Bank reconciliation – posting and reconciling the bank on Sage to Barclays.net on a daily basis. Updating the cash-flow forecasts.
- Management of credit control – chasing debtors every week and updating partners with any queries. Keeping the debtor’s spreadsheet updated on a daily basis.
- VAT – quarterly reconciliation, submit return and payment.
- Annual audit - lead the preparation of audit schedules and provision of all audit information both before and during the annual audit.
Skills and Experience
- CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant experience working in a similar role in a professional services practice.
- A background in architecture/creative industry would be advantageous, however not essential.
- Excellent computer skills: Sage, MS Excel, MS Word and Union Square.
The studio currently has a flexible working approach to their working hours, with a formal course of action being decided next year. They also have a reputation for being a superb place to work with a strong, supportive team in place.