Packaging Designer (Toys & Games)
A Packaging Design Manager is needed to join a leading toy and games manufacturer, who are determined to become a top 10 global toy company in the next 5 years. This is a hands-on role which will see you manage a small design team whist working on Girls Toys and Arts & Crafts lines.
Established 40 years ago, our client enjoy creating and nurturing evergreen games and toys including Sequence, Shark Bite, Crayola, AniMagic & Reaxion, to name a few – pull up a chair and come and join them for some fun and games! This is an exciting opportunity for a Creative Senior Graphic Designer / Packaging Designer who has a flair for design and a strong understanding of aesthetics, colour, and the communication strategies required for the toy market to join a talented team.
Overseeing two designers, the Packaging Design Manager will utilise their experience of graphic design layout, art direction, structural packaging engineering & production print issues to ensure outstanding results for the in-house clients. On a day-to-day basis expect to manage, influence and lead your team’s output, consult with brand managers, manage design processes, keep up with latest trends, support your team’s workload, manage budgets and anything else necessary to ensure the smooth running of your team.
To qualify… You should be a Packaging Design Manager or Senior Graphic Designer / Packaging Designer / Creative Designer or similar with as CV and portfolio that demonstrates:
- A confident and commercially experienced senior level graphic designer with strong leadership qualities.
- Experience in the toy / youth market with demonstrable awareness in the latest ‘trends’.
- A talent for and comprehensive knowledge of, logo / branding generation, graphic design layout, art direction, structural packaging engineering & production print issues.
- You are confident in your own capabilities and be able to drive and inspire a team technically as well as manage dept budgets and workloads.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, are essential.
- A strong understanding of aesthetics, colour, and communication strategies required for the toy market.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and initiative.
- The ability to listen and understand other people’s views & objectives.
- You are confident with budgets and schedules.
- Not afraid to speak up but be flexible, personable and have a good sense of humour!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Designer to join a growing and vibrant global team who are passionate about creating market leading, memorable, and innovative toys and games for all ages.