Director of Branding
We are parenting with an Award-Winning Strategic Design Agency, and they are looking for a Director of Branding to join their team and continue to drive the business forward.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering world-class branding and graphics for their clients, backed by solid research, trends, insights and consumer behaviours mixed with an ability to think differently and innovate past the norm.
They are looking for someone with a proven track record of successful branding and graphic design, as well as digital and interactive design projects for global clients across Well-being and Health, Sports, Retail, Food and Beverage, Property Development, Hospitality and Transport sectors.
As a boutique agency the role is such that hands on liaison and engagement with the client is paramount. The role will be supported by a Client Services Manager but there will be aspects such as planning, resourcing and client services that sits alongside the creative side of the role.
Roles and responsibilities:
This person must be able to inspire and manage the graphics team that will work across multiple projects at all times. You'll have a proven experience of working with blue chip companies as well as entrepreneurs and start-ups across all aspects of the graphic design life cycle including:
- Taking client briefs and translating into project requirements
- Facilitating and running both client and team meetings / workshops
- Creating strategic directions for brands
- Leveraging knowledge and science of branding to create remarkable brands
- Driving brand identity concept generation, creation and execution
- Defining overarching ideas for brand engagement, user experience and interaction design
- Creating visual design concepts and finalising through design development
- Putting as much emphasis on the use of 'language' to create brands not just the visual
- Inspiration and art direction of the branding and graphics team (including suppliers)
- Review and signing off on all graphic production work e.g. copywriting, communication packs, brand guidelines, print ready artwork etc.
Specific skills required for the role:
- Excellent idea and concept generation abilities
- Extensive experience in creating brand strategy and identities, marketing ideas and communications materials
- Outstanding skills in copywriting and creating tone of voice
- Outstanding skills in creating campaign related graphic materials (experience must be in both physical and digital campaigns)
- Extensive experience in designing communication packages and environmental graphics for physical environments
- Extensive experience in designing uniforms, packaging and production of packaging
- Experience in designing responsive website interfaces focused on improving both website usability and the user experience
- Experience in designing applications for smart devices, including ecommerce apps
- Extensive experience in liaison with suppliers e.g. print houses, website and application developers
- Exceptionally confident and articulate when presenting concepts or ideas
- Outstanding client liaison and management skills
- Outstanding team leadership skills whilst also able to produce all project deliverables to an exceptionally high standard
- Outstanding art direction and photography direction skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Expert Apple Mac user
- Expert user of MS Office
- Excellent story boarding and creation of presentations using Adobe InDesign
If you are interested in this opportunity and think you'd be a great fit, please send your CV and Portfolio over to : email@example.com