We are in partnership with an International Communications Agency of 150 marketing strategists, data and media planners, conceptual creatives, copywriters, designers, developers, technology specialists and client teams who come together to make communications that actually work for their clients.
There is a vacancy to join the Healthcare division as an Mid- Weight Designer.
Purpose of the job:
In this dynamic role you will be involved in working across a variety of clients and sectors, as a Mid-weight Designer you will be a key member of the creative team, creating content for both print and digital contexts, with a focus on pushing what’s possible in digital communications.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of creating amazing print and digital projects that not only look fantastic, but also meet client’s objectives. Within this role you will work with Art Directors and Writers to bring concepts to life visually and your work will have exposure to a national and international audience.
- Effectively interpret client objectives into great ideas and design concepts to a high standard
- Participate in client briefing calls to understand client requirements
- Understand the need to conform to the client identity
- Balance imagination with realistic implementation
- Present work both internally and to the client in an inspiring and confident manner
- Work to ensure that the client has confidence that they will exceed their expectations in timeliness, costs, accuracy and quality.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other departments within the organisation
- Ability to differentiate between an idea and an execution and interpret the Creative Brief
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, ensuring creative work is accurate and appropriate for either print or digital production
- Work well at pace and meet agreed timelines, ensuring deadlines are met and projects delivered to a quality standard.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A confident designer who can bring ideas to life through concept generation, rough sketching, mac visuals and ultimately presenting ideas internally and to clients
- A body of work that demonstrates experience of multiple clients across multiple markets.
- A pro-active, energetic, “can-do” attitude is essential
- Always looking to go beyond the brief, never be content or happy with average.
- A positive approach and a passion for digital design and the work they do.
- Team player, this comapany is one agency working across multiple international sites.
- Excellent design craft skills in typography, layout and colour balance
- A good understanding of UX design and accessibility
- Good communication skills, confident in presenting design ideas and the ability to inspire at all levels
- Mac literate with advanced use of Adobe Creative Suite (including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD) and Microsoft Office applications (specifically PowerPoint)
- Confident design skills for both print and digital media, and ability to adapt style and approach to different clients and target audiences
- Working knowledge of AfterEffects animation would be advantageous
- Have an eye for detail and a flair for creativity
- Have excellent organisational skills and a desire to never miss a deadline
- Sound knowledge of digital production including understanding responsive design (HTML5)
- High level of finish for presentation concepts
- Good organisational, planning and execution skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible attitude to multi-tasking
- Comfortable working in a challenging and changing environment
- Creative agency experience is essential, bringing passion and ambition to this company, engaging with fellow creative and the wider agency team
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast
- You will have experience in picking up a brief and running with it
Experience of designing for print with a bias for digital outputs