Head of Scenic Props & Technical Production Assistant roles
This company specialise in Experiential Design, Production and Installation, providing a range of services from exhibition stands, product launches and bespoke sampling stands to PR stunts, sampling bins and giant props.
Based near the Essex and Hertfordshire borders they are looking to fill two vacancies:
1. The Head of Scenic will be responsible for full end-to-end, successful, production realisation of scenic and finishes of all projects. Checking artwork from clients and creating cutter guides; meeting production timelines and providing WIP photos for clients; creating production images for the website and social media; checking QC and stock control of scenic materials.
Skills and experience needed for the Head of Scenic role:
- Good computer skills around MS Office
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experienced in the planning and executing of projects based around strict budgets and deadlines
- Able to monitor product standards and implement a quality-control programme
- Able to read drawings and create / read artwork files
- Ideally have come from an event, theatrical or exhibition background
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, positive and a team player
- Have practical skills such as painting, basic carpentry and sewing
2. The Technical Production Assistant will be creating CAD drawings, art working, proposals, pitch work and design costing. You will also be project managing smaller projects from brief through to delivery, ensuring successful realisation of projects adopting a hands-on approach to working in the production workshop.
Skills and experience needed for the Technical Production Assistant:
- Experience of using a CAD software package, CNC and Adobe Illustrator
- Good administration and project management skills
- Able to demonstrate a hands-on approach at all times
- A team worker, highly organised and flexible in their approach
- An understanding of the fast paced, ever-changing demands of high-end brands and clients
They are a very sociable company and welcome dogs to the office providing them with their own creche!