Genium has a full-time opening for a skilled and creative designer/artworker with a minimum of one year’s experience to join our team in London. You will be adept at working autonomously, as well as in collaboration with other team members. You should have either in-house or agency experience. The role will involve supporting the team members across a number of accounts and you will be involved from concept through to final delivery. As well as the more traditional print, experience and knowledge of designing websites and social media content is essential. You must be able to embrace new ways of doing things.
- A degree in graphic design (or equivalent)
- At least 1 year solid design/artwork experience.
- Strong design experience
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
- Experience working within style guidelines
- Experience working and creating for various Social media platforms
- Experience designing websites using XD
- Experience generating design concepts
- Experience of image-retouching
- Ambitious and talented graphic designer/creative artworker with bags of energy and outstanding design work
- Serious attention to detail, flawless artwork skills
- Strong layout and typographic skills
- You'll have previous design experience
- A proven ability to work independently, to tight deadlines and across several work streams, while maintaining the highest standards
- Strong technical knowledge for print and digital output.
- We are looking for someone who can take ownership of design corrections and create print ready artwork to tight deadlines
- A creative and innovative approach that welcomes new ideas
- The ability to explain design rationale in presentations to colleagues
- Passion for Social media and how it can enhance a product and reach an audience
- Ability to see your designs through from concept to artwork
- Good spoken and written communication skills in English
- You'll be confident at working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Great on a Mac and on a sketch pad
Salary is £25K-£30K per annum, dependent on experience.
As a Genium employee, you get a pension, training, senior management mentoring and fun.
Primarily in London, but will include travel from time to time.
We are a communication specialist delivering consultancy, creativity and design. Building brands and identities, Genium creates compelling visual strategies to produce outstanding results, through websites; films; print; merchandise; campaigns and commercials.
We believe our focused imagination ensures that what we do really matters. We’re obsessed with detail and craftsmanship because we always deliver. That means we have an incredible work ethic and do whatever it takes. We work on projects that make a positive difference to people, cultures and the world. This is how we generate our personal satisfaction and pride.
We know how lucky we are. We work in a creative, relaxed and respectful environment which offers opportunity, experience, education and pride. We want to make a positive impact on our society and the world by the types of projects we create and clients we work with.
Closing date Sunday 11th November
What to do! We’re very specific about how you apply to work with us, because we’re very specific about the people who work here. If you think you’re the ideal person and are simply aching to join us, then follow these instructions very carefully. Yes, following simple instructions is the first test…
Email us to email@example.com with:
1. Your portfolio (pdf or url - no attachments over 8MB please).
2. An up-to-date CV.
3. Cover note - please tell us why you would like the role.
4. If you have a link to your website, please feel free to send that too.
Please note: only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Apply for Graphic designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly