Furniture Designer / CAD Technician
Our client designs and manufacturers contract furniture including meeting tables, credenzas, storage & lockers, chairs, booths & banquette seating. They have a showroom in Central London and a manufacturing facility in Lincolnshire and are currently recruiting for a Furniture Designer.
You will ideally be based in London, but they will consider Lincolnshire as the base if a more convenient location.
You will be producing furniture for the office, educational and institutional markets using AutoCAD for 2D drawings and Inventor / Excel for production drawings and Bills of Material for order processing and stock control. This role will mainly be producing production drawings, BoMs, renders and creating 3D models for their product portfolio. There will also however be occasions to produce space plans for clients and visuals using SketchUp and/or 3D Studio Max.
Skills and experience needed for the Furniture Designer:
- Familiarity with Autodesk products
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills
- An interest in the technical aspects of products and their design
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines (once up to speed in the job)