Graphic Designer (Experienced) – UCFB Etihad Campus or UCFB Wembley Campus
£27,000 – £29,500 per annum plus £3,000 London Weighting allowance if applicable (total salary package £30,000 – £32,500 depending upon qualifications and experience)
Reporting to the Design Manager, the designer will be part of the wider UCFB Marketing team which was shortlisted for Marketing Team of the Year at the 2016 Marketing Week Awards. Producing and implementing print, web and digital design work, the designer will also be supporting video and content production via the creation of various design assets.
Below is a quick summary of the main type of work required:
PRINT – photo manipulation, illustration and publication layout
WEB DESIGN - web site design and UX understanding – from flat design to style code tags
VIDEO EDITING - asset production and timeline editing – footage formats manipulation and rendering for publishing
GRAPHIC ANIMATION – asset production, key frame animation for HTML banners
A great opportunity is now available for an enthusiastic, experienced Graphic Designer (GD) to make an impact into the exciting world of sports education by joining the Design Team in the award-winning Marketing Department at UCFB where he/she will be part of an exciting array of projects that vary in scope and scale.
Creativity and attention to detail is what we need so we are seeking a person that masters the fundamentals of design principles, but always approaches design with an open mind and ready to endorse new contemporary looks in line with a competent and constantly progressing audience.
As a GD, you have to be creative and full of new ideas that redefine the way content is presented to the viewer. Driven and passionate, you will bring innovative notions to the team and be on the cutting edge of the latest advances in technology and design trends. Great organisational skills, time management and efficient communication manners are in your DNA and they will be the key for your success.
Delivering design for print collateral and across multiple digital platforms and channels, including desktop, mobile/tablet and email, you should be able to interpret guidelines and requests making sure that the creative brief is accurate and appropriate, project deadlines are met and the best design solution is offered and delivered.
The right candidate has an impressive portfolio of print and digital design, ideally gained in an agency environment, with excellent creative skills transferring from pencil and paper scamps to fully executed products. You will ideally support this with photography skills capability and have a strong interest in emerging design trends and technologies.
Understanding of printing processes and the related use of colour libraries when designing is also required in order to deal with print suppliers to make sure work is delivered as expected.
• Frequent tasks will include everything from image sourcing and resizing, manipulation, colour correction and colour grading, vector-based design for icons and clip-art and layouts composition for illustrations, posters, brochures and leaflets, as well as digital banners for online marketing and social media use
• To look after the website design in order to help implementing the look and feel from a flat design via the correct use of HTML and CSS tags ready for publishing.
• To produce compatible assets for video publishing and a basic understanding of the classic timeline/key-frame editing. Of great advantage would be any knowledge of graphic animation for the production of HTML banners via Adobe Animate and Adform online studio.
• Facilitate the production of creative briefs in order to identify client needs and the appropriate design solution
• Ensure all projects are logged correctly into our internal management system and completed efficiently and on time
• Maintain a consistent look and feel across all company assets (print and digital collateral, website and other customer facing channels) while adhering to brand guidelines
• Liaise with and assist the wider UCFB Marketing team on any other content production and content seeding tasks where required
• There will also be room for larger projects including campaign design, concept creation and branding
• To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
• To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
• To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post
During the interview process you will need to demonstrate (via a design task and consequent discussion), a high level understanding of technical design good practice and principles on any type of design task you may face.
In particular, we will be looking for:
• Brief key elements and interpretation
• Relations between message and type of assets
• Positioning and layout
• Correct use of colours
• Digital and printed graphic
University Campus of Football Business & Global Institute of Sport
University Campus of Football Business (UCFB) is a world first in sports education. Delivering university degrees in the football and sports industry, our inspirational campuses in London and Manchester have the iconic Wembley Stadium and the Etihad Stadium at their heart. Proudly the fastest-growing higher education institution in the UK since launching in 2011, we continue to lead the field in producing the next generation of graduates to work in the global football and sports sector.
UCFB also counts a number of elite organisations among its partners, including The Football Association, Kick It Out, the League Managers Association, the National League and the Rugby Football League.
In 2020, UCFB launched the Global Institute of Sport, our new destination for Master’s degrees and executive education in the UK, online and at our inspirational stadium hubs in New York, Atlanta, Toronto and Melbourne.
Our collaborations with elite sports organisations allow us to lead the field in producing the next generation of sports graduates. Partners include The Football Association, Kick It Out, the League Managers Association, the National League and the Rugby Football League domestically, as well as our global hub partners in the USA, Canada and Australia.
Our award-winning team
This position for a highly ambitious individual would see the successful candidate join an exciting team that won Best Non-Match Day Use of Venue at the Sports Business Awards, Best Sponsorship & Engagement at the Northwest Football Awards and was shortlisted for Team of the Year at both the Marketing Week Awards and Times Higher Education Leadership & Management Awards.
Although the basics of the role are described here, we will be looking for energy, values and commitment to both our organisation and to your career. Our recruitment process will be rigorous and demanding, as will this role within a high performing department. In return, we can offer honesty, integrity and the chance to progress in the organisation as quickly as you develop within it.
What we offer in return
In return not only will you have the opportunity to make life-transforming, career making education, but we offer a whole range of financial and non-financial benefits too:
• Enhanced occupational sick pay
• Life assurance
• Free eye tests and VDU glasses
• Flexible benefits package with Perkbox (some of which includes health cash plan, Dencover, half price cinema tickets, discounted private health insurance, discounted gym membership, hundreds of high street discounts and much more)
Family friendly benefits:
• Enhanced occupational maternity/paternity pay
• Compassionate leave/time off for dependants
• Competitive holiday entitlement
• Christmas closure
• Day off for your birthday
• 24/7 employee support hub (via Perkbox)
• Flexible working
• Continuing professional development
• Ride to Work Scheme
• Annual family barbecue
• Staff led events committee
• End of year review day and awards dinner
• Back to work conference
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30 am - 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, UCFB will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EAA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this role.
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form which can be downloaded on the following link:
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.
Due to our commitment to equality and diversity we operate a blind recruitment process and therefore will not accept CV’s.