At Guide Dogs we’re building a diverse team that will establish design and creative thinking as a core function within the organisation and bring the brand to life for people with sight loss, supporters, staff and volunteers.
We’re looking for forward-thinking designers to create compelling, high quality design solutions, which will help us achieve our vision of making design accessible to all and empowering people with sight loss to live the life they choose.
Together our team of designers will:
- Approach projects with creativity and passion
- Bring ideas to life, delivering concepts and designs which are best in-class brand expressions across all media
- Communicate and collaborate across the team with copywriters, marketing colleagues and key stakeholders
- Take ownership of briefs, campaign milestones and deliverables
- Work directly with internal stakeholders to ensure design work meets project objectives
- Ensure a high standard of visual execution across all work and within brand guidelines
- Think ahead and creatively push the brand forward, always with accessibility at its heart
- Present designs in a clear and compelling manner; articulating and defending creative direction choices
The Designer will add value to Guide Dogs’ brand by applying best practice design skills to ensure the brand identity is strongly articulated across all output (online and offline) and champions accessible and inclusive design across all touchpoints.
This role is 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, with 26 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) a year.
We recognise that the world looks a little bit different since the pandemic. Therefore, we’re committed to enabling our staff to work where best suits the needs of the individual, their team and the organisation. For this role, there will be opportunities to work from home as well as the office. We want our staff to flourish and work in environments which maximises their potential and best serves our stakeholders.
We offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for our people.
More details about this role, the Organisation and the recruitment process can be found in the attached candidate pack and job description.
We reserve the right to close adverts earlier than the closing date.
Guide Dogs welcomes applications from all sections of the community and actively encourages diversity to maximise achievements, creativity and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or nationality. We encourage applications from people with disabilities as they are currently under-represented in the organisation and guarantee an invitation to interview for all applicants with disabilities who demonstrate, within their application form, sufficient evidence to meet the essential criteria for the job.
Guide Dogs is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk of harm with whom we work. We expect all our employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
To be able to fulfil this role, the skills and experience we are looking for in a potential candidate include;
- Degree or equivalent experience in graphic design
- Professional, friendly, positive attitude with strong work ethic and willingness to learn and continually improve
- Expert knowledge in setting up artwork for print and optimising output for a range of digital channels
- Up-to-date understanding of best practice principles of accessible communications and how to apply them
- Experience of working in an inhouse creative team
- Design for accessibility from both a visual and technical perspective eg considerations in use of colour, typography and creating accessible PDFs
- Experience of motion design
For the complete list of essential and desirable criteria necessary to be successful in this role please see the Person Specification within the Job Description below. The candidate pack contains more information about this role & the recruitment process at Guide Dogs.
If you are successful, you will need to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. We cannot provide sponsorship for this role.